You do realize I'm as unhappy as everyone else is, right?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Imperialus said:
I'd be happy to either playtest/ruleslawer or work on consitstancy. I have a group that is willing to play in Daemonforge with what we have so far. I have explained the concepts to them and they like it. Also we would probably be able to get together quite frequently.

I expect that I could kill two birds with one stone by playtesting it hardcore. After all a lot of consistancy issues will show up during acutal playing.

now this would be a great bonus! The only thing we need playtested heavy besides the typical PC's creation process and monsters is the domains for the fiends and patrons. I saw posted that they were too powerful and needed tweaking but nothing came from it.

Would you start the players at 1st level and work their way up?

PS: So we can put you down for tester/ruleslaywer? I know TBR is damn good at being a ruleslaywer and quoting refrences from the .pdf and he knows more about this setting than most ;).

2 positions down..a few more to go...

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
yeah for sure. I've already run them through a one shot adventure. So far the race creation system seems to work quite well though the DM does have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get abused. I'll probably start them off at first level, and just doll out mad XP to try and advance them through levels quite quickly so we can get a good impression of how the game stays ballanced over what would normally be a long campaign.

If TBR (whoever that is, or do you me The Burned Man?) wants to playtest as well then that would be cool too. If, since the campaing setting is so big, he could DM a party who's focus on adventureing is in the mountains since that was kinda his sandbox from the day he got here. I could play one who focus is on the Kessel, and we could even get a 3rd person to run around the shattered isles if possible. It would give us a better idea of how each of the "mini settings" holds up by itself in an extended adventure. After all if the Shattered Isles DM is suffering burnout and a lack of ideas by the time his characters are 5th level we might want to consider beefing up the isles a bit.

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
TBR=The burned man. It should be TBM not TBR silly typo.

I will be heading the PC's off to the shattered isles in a few months so I won't be able to test that area out unfortunately. Once we have the new sourcebook in play I think we can generate some new fans and have them come in and submit ideas for us to review or dream up some new ones on our own.

If I had a boat I would be on the water dreaming up ideas but I am landbound unfortunately at this time. The keys are calling and I might have to answer and think up some new areas.

Has anyone run through the game? What else did the players think? Is there a report on what worked and what was 'broken'?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
RangerWickett said:
For an rtf file, I think we shoudl take all the material that we have for DF and put it into one text-only document. Pdfs are pretty, but harder to work with. If we had a .rtf or .doc file that people could download, it would be a lot easier to reference than having to use the website or the pdf.

As for Skaukator, I know the main info is done. I just want to keep a particular feel for it in case more stuff is written.

i got the main doc already done and broken into 3 parts and one big .zip. I can combine them all together but this way is easier. See the main page and download the .zip file under the forum title DOCS 1.1 . We can use those as a springboard for the future works.

Remove ads