ZEITGEIST [Zeitgeist]Another Titchy Plot Question

arkwright

Explorer
Heyo. I've been trying to track down everything about why Stanfield decided to join the conspiracy, I've found a small gap I can't fill.

In the oneshot 'Bands of Forced Faith', Stanfield's background includes this line.

Last night you were visited again by the same wise man who helped you centuries ago, though he wore a new face.

I'm curious about the 'helped (him)' part. The best reference I can find is the 'A century ago, Nicodemus the Gnostic taught Stanfield a method to conjure forth his past incarnations, learning from them directly and gaining the ability to deploy them in battle.' But from the timeline, that's only referring to their meeting in the oneshot.

Is it just a writing mix up, or is there a part of Stanfield's history I just can't track down?

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
No other references I can find. I presume he joined the Ob because of his drive to serve and protect the people and build perfect government for them which is constantly frustrated by petty rivalries , politicking and generally irrational behavior by people and that he met with Nicodemus on many occasions and decided he agreed with his lofty goals and plans to make a better world.

arkwright

Explorer
That does seem to be part of it- though his big speech in book 9 is all 'Risur is an unjustified warmongerer who must be stopped'.

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
To me it is important to remember that the Ob are heroes trying to set the universe right at least in their own minds. They have just fallen from the righteous path or at least some have, others were never good guys to start with

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases