ZEITGEIST ZEITGEIST Kickstarter update: Pacing, plots, and polyhedrons

If you didn't know, E.N. Publishing is running a Kickstarter project for our ZEITGEIST Adventure Path to produce a hardcover compilation of the first five adventures, for both D&D 4th edition and Pathfinder.

Here's a little math update to help motivate folks who are on the fence that they should pledge. TL;DR, let's get to 123 pledges today (Sunday the 30th), to keep us on track to reaching our $11,000 stretch goal, which unlocks the Act Two compilation.

Pacing

Right now we're at 119 pledges, about $2400 shy of our $11,000 stretch goal, which would unlock the Act Two compilation, effectively doubling the numbers of adventures you get for a $60 pledge. And indeed, $60 is about the average pledge amount.

With 13 days left to go, we need about 4 pledges per day to reach that goal by the project's end. So if we can get to 123 pledges today (140 by the 4th of July, 175 by the end of the Kickstarter) we'll be at a good pace. If you haven't pledged and you're reading this, sign on today and help us keep on track. If you already have pledged and you have a gaming blog, post an update asking to get 4 pledges today. Or mention it at your Friendly Local Gaming Store. Or tweet it.

Now, for us to reach $17,000 and unlock the Act Three compilation, we need 11 pledges per day. If you want us to pull that off, let's push for 130 by the end of today, 174 by July 4th, and 262 by the end of the project. That will not only triple the adventures you'll receive, it will also force Russ and me on camera to be purged of evil spirits by a priest.

Plots

Concurrent to the Kickstarter, we're running an event here on EN World where you can pretend to be a member of the villains, deciding what plot they'll enact at the end of Act Two. We actually have a bit of a debate between different factions, and your voice could tip the scales. Spoilers abound, of course. You're a Villain. How Would you Change the World?

Polyhedrons

I got a request this week on whether we could offer dice as a bonus reward. While I'd love to have ZEITGEIST-themed dice, it's unfortunately not something we're set up to produce at any economical price. However, I have spotted few options online for folks who truly must have a set of polyhedron dice that captures the conflict between technology and nature in our adventure path.

3D printing is bloody wonderful, because it can produce stuff like these gear-adorned dice. And these thorn dice. Or if you've got a smaller budget, there are always these classic steampunk dice.

Last edited:

Remove ads