• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

Stormwind

First Post
Dem's the rules, I just enforce them gleefully. ;)
Yeah ... I noticed ... especially the gleefully part :D

Still, I have to admit, that's a large part of what makes this adventure so much fun ... at least for me - the fact that you so obviously enjoy inflicting these challenges upon us ;)

s@squ@tch

First Post
Well, people must have something against arcane types, and I am definitely noting a current trend towards shifter druids of all types! There seems to be one in almost every game I am in!

So, shifter druid or artificer... Should be an interesting addition.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Considering we're down to only four players (with five characters), I'd even be okay with taking both of them if their character backgrounds and designs were up to snuff. You never know when someone's gonna drop.

Stormwind

First Post
A warm welcome to renau1g and EvolutionKB.

@renau1g, EvolutionKB: While the location of most material is quite obvious (due to stonegod's nice layout and interlinking of the three threads), there are a few things that it might be good for you to know:
  • Group loot: I am currently keeping track of the various loot that the group has accumulated. This can be found in an sblock at the very bottom of my character sheet in the RG thread.
  • Either the title of your character post or the top part of your character sheet in the RG thread, should contain your experience points. I have found it useful to keep track of any daily use abilities in the title of my character sheet post as well since it makes it easier on stonegod.
  • The 2nd post in the OOC thread contains various miscellaneous information relating to the campaign. I would suggest reading through it all, particulary the 'Taint rules'. Of course the section on 'Dramatis Persona' and the 'Fortunes of Ravenloft' might be useful for background info for your PC's, particulary for Avron since I'm assuming he came in with the caravan.
Well hopefully that was useful for you both. Looking forward to meeting up in game ;)

------------------------------------​

@All: Just a heads up for everyone - I will be on holiday from the 19th until the 27th and will be without an internet connection during that time. Actually I'll be without electricity and computers too so the chances that I'll post during that time are pretty slim ;)

@stonegod: If necessary, feel free to NPC Ashlyn during my absence ...

Stormwind

First Post
Here's a breakdown of where we found the gear:
  • Unidentified Group gear
  • From the undead corpse in the chapel
    - Tainted? magical mace (Group) [8 lbs]
    - magical full plate (Group) [50 lbs]
    - magical amulet (Group)
  • From Lief the bookkeeper
    - magical ancient greatsword (Group) [8 lbs]
    - magical ancient chain shirt (Group) [25 lbs]
Hopefully that helps ;)

@stonegod: Just a reminder that Tessa used her identify on the amulet that we found on the undead corpse in the chapel, and that we are still waiting on an id from you :D

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Who else has Identify spells? At some point we'll want to get around to getting the rest of the stuff ID'd because for all we know some of that stuff is better than what we already have (the full plate, the greatsword, the chain shirt) but we'll probably never know if the caravan takes off once they get the tome.

Stormwind

First Post
Who else has Identify spells? At some point we'll want to get around to getting the rest of the stuff ID'd because for all we know some of that stuff is better than what we already have (the full plate, the greatsword, the chain shirt) but we'll probably never know if the caravan takes off once they get the tome.

I believe that stonegod mentioned that the caravan would probably try and leave Barovia. I suspect that nobody is leaving unless the curse is lifted.

As far as I know only Tessa and Avron (our new archivist played by EvolutionKB) are able to cast identify.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I can cast it once added to my prayerbook and we get some pearls.

On another note, I can post my completed character sheet in the RG if SG is ready to approve it.

MIC good to go? I've got one item: an armor crystal that adds +4 to AC against incorporeal touch attacks.

Remove ads