• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
My god... one of the things I definitely DO NOT MISS in 4E is the absolutely ridiculous "you need a 100gp pearl as a material component every time you want to identify those magic items of yours!".

For an edition that placed so much emphasis on magic item acquisition as a balancing factor for character advancement, this absolutely stupid roadblock to that end was a brainless idea. I could possibly accept blowing 100gp in cash to identify your items... if a person's game really required a gold sink... but to make it require a gem that you'd never in a million years be able to acquire in the sheer numbers needed for all this Identify spells is just insanity.

Thank god it's all gone.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
- Amulet: The amulet is a periapt of wisdom +2

- Identify: As a divine spell, it has no material component (its arcane only)

- Magic item ids: I like the MIC system: 25 + spell level or half CL for identifying an item.

- Evo's MIC items: Fine

Update late probably. I have a bad case of gothamitis I have to go see a matinee doctor about. :)

pathfinderq1

First Post
- Amulet: The amulet is a periapt of wisdom +2

While I realize that this might actually be pretty useful for just about everyone in the party, Tessa would actually like to claim this. Does anyone else want to put in a claim as well?

Also- how likely is it that our scholars-in-residence can determine the specifics of vampires (specifically their damage reduction)? If we can figure that out, Tessa has a +1 silver morningstar that she isn't using often- maybe that could go to one of our melee types. While I realize that, as a cleric, Tessa might be considered a melee character, she just isn't built to be even remotely effective at it, and the gap continues to grow as we level-up and face tougher foes.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
*Waits on the bench for his shot at glory*
You'll be introduced soon, don't you worry. In fact, you already have....[sblock=r1]You're the eagle in the sky, watching what the folks are doing. I wanted to get the relic done first and have you waiting for them when the climb back up.[/sblock]

Stormwind

First Post
Hi all,
I'm back from holiday ;)

While I realize that this might actually be pretty useful for just about everyone in the party, Tessa would actually like to claim this. Does anyone else want to put in a claim as well?
Considering that Ashlyn is not much of a spellcaster, the periapt would better go to someone else.

Considering only the divine casters in the party (wisdom based) from a technical perspective:
  • Ashlyn - gains 1x 2nd level paladin spell (at level 9), +1 to save DC's from her spells (and +1 to will saves and certain skills)
  • Jarrith - gains 1x 3rd level cleric spell, +1 to save DC's from his spells (and +1 to will saves and certain skills)
  • Ravika - gains nothing (already has a periapt of wisdom +2)
  • Tessa - gains 1x 1st level cleric spell, 1x5th level cleric spell (at cleric 9), +1 to save DC's from her spells (and +1 to will saves and certain skills)
The two players from our group, who I think would most benefit from the periapt, would be Jarrith or Tessa. I'll leave it entirely up to DEFCON and pathfinder to sort out who wants it.

Also- how likely is it that our scholars-in-residence can determine the specifics of vampires (specifically their damage reduction)? If we can figure that out, Tessa has a +1 silver morningstar that she isn't using often- maybe that could go to one of our melee types. While I realize that, as a cleric, Tessa might be considered a melee character, she just isn't built to be even remotely effective at it, and the gap continues to grow as we level-up and face tougher foes.
I suggest that the characters talk and combine their knowledge of vampires based on what they knew, and on what they have discovered on vampires in this land (as one combined roll with everyone assisting), and thus we might be able to try to ascertain the differences between normal vampires and those that infest this place. Given Marot's recent comments, we could easily turn the conversation in that direction.

Regarding weapons, Ashlyn is getting more and more attached to the sunblade that she carries, and it would take a powerful argument to convince her to use another weapon.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads