Knights of the Old Republic: Last of the Sith (OOC)

Alrighty then. An all Jedi game was wanted, so that's what this is. I will go into a good amount of detail about the setting, character information, etc, but first, list of potential players. Since there is such a large interest in an all Jedi game, I am willing to run this with as many as 8 PCs divided into two groups. Currently, here's who has expressed interest:

Nolem Kanas (Human/Male)
Brother Shatterstone - Skyka Tarkrak - Human Female: Force Adept 1/ Jedi Guardian 5
Andrew D. Gable - Barrick - Mon Calamari: Jedi Consular 6
Drothgery - Aerek Nexia - Human Male: Jedi Guardian 6
Deadestdai - Bud'd Dwelve - Twi-lek Female: Jedi Consular 6

Marin Essenu (Miralukan/Woman)
Insight - Urcala Nattu - Miralukan Female: Jedi Consular 4/ Jedi Investigator 2
The Goblin King - Shombat Sule - Sneevel Male: Jedi Guardian 4/ Force Warrior 1
The Other Librarian - Jei Garu - Nagai Male: Jedi Guardian 6
Vendetta - Aalun - Gand Male: Scout 1/ Jedi Consular 4/ Findsman 1

I need everyone listed there to post here confirming that they're in. Now, for the actual game information:

Barely a year has past since the final battle of The Sith War. During this war, the fallen Jedi Ulic Qel-Droma allied himself with a long dead Sith Lord and corrupted many other Jedi, mostly through a smashed Sith Holocron, the pieces of which imbeded themselves into Jedi and possessed them with Sith Spirits. They ravaged the known galaxy, badly damaging the planet Coruscant and turning the Jedi library world of Ossus into a charred rock in space. But Ulic was defeated when Nomi Sunrider stripped him of the Force. He was banished, and soon the remainder of the Sith fell, or were returned to their place among the Jedi.

The Galaxy, the Jedi, and the fledgling Republic are still weak from the battle. There is still fear that the Sith will return again, and rumors are spread of remaining fallen Jedi, far out in the uncharted areas of the Outer Rim where the old Sith Empire once was, a thousand years earlier. These rumors have grown into something more, and many among the Jedi assembly have seen things that would hint at truth to these rumors.

Unlike the Jedi Order of the Rise of the Empire Era, many Jedi Masters took on multiple apprentices. Love was not looked down on, and the Jedi were much more free thinkers than the restricted Order they would grow into.

The PCs in this game are apprentices of one of two Jedi Masters. One is an older Human male named Nolem Kanas, the other a Miralukan woman named Marin Essenu. Each of these Jedi Masters(and their apprentices) are called upon by the Jedi assembly to search out the Sith and make sure they are truly gone. Each group will be operating seperatly, and likely on different planets(entirely depending on PCs choices), but cooperation and communication(when possible) between the groups will be important.

Whew, that was a lot. Now, the galaxy isn't completely explored yet, so while I will allow nearly any race from SWd20 sources, its best to pass something by me just to make sure. The same goes for planet of origin, etc etc.

I will allow the PCs access to ALL SWd20 published books EXCEPT for The Dark Side Sourcebook. This is Jedi campaign, and though there could be some risk of falling to the Dark Side, all the characters have to at least start as Jedi.

Character Creation:
32 Point Buy
PCs will start at level 6(If you take 6 levels in a Jedi class, this means you are on the vergy of Knighthood)
Multiclassing is allowed for Jedi Classes(but not between them) if you wish
Force Adepts are also allowed, though it is likely that they would multiclass into a Jedi class.
-Equipment: If you take all 6 levels in a Jedi class, and have at least 5 ranks in Craft(lightsaber) it is assumed you have already constructed your own personal lightsaber, and therefore get a +1 to attack with it
-Everyone will begin with 10,000 credits

Now...I'm not sure if I missed anything, but if I did, or you need more info, etc, just post about it and I'll help out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Okay...

I went ahead and ordered Ultimate Alien Anthology and Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, I'm not sure how much use they will get but I'll let you know what I think of them... (Though I've never been harsh enough in reviews.)

Though I really like of my character being from Dathomir, and being one of them witches, I think the idea of being from a similar culture that was recently and nearly wiped out by the Sith makes for a better story.

I would like to request my character having Nolem Kanas as her master, and also to be in his group... I would like to implement a fair amount of hero worship, romantic infatuation between them, or at least on her side of things...

Lastly, I figured that it Nolem help fight the Sith on her home world and it was him that "saved" her by leader her away from the shattered light and gave her a purpose...

I guess that rather dark... but at least love isn't a trip to the dark side like I originally thought it would be... :lol:

AMG, does the above jive with what you want to do?

Also I'm not sure if you'll know what I'm talking about but in KotoR there are short lightsabers for off hand use, along with double bladed lightsabers. Anyhow long story short, if I can get you the stats for the short lightsabers would you consider allow them? :)

EDIT: Okay, the game is obviously not a perfect translation of the d20 SW system but this is what I was able to garner...

Short Lightsaber
Cost: 3,000 (In game it sales for the same amount as a normal lightsaber)
Damage: 2d6
Critical: 19-20

Everything below is conjecture
Weight: 1 kg
Type: Energy
Size: Small
Group: Exotic

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
I'd like to play...I haven't tried Star Wars...but I only have the non-revised version. How much would be different, especially in regards to classes? If I could get by with the old one, I'm in.

Vendetta

First Post
I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, I'M IN, WOOOOOT!

OK, I'm thinking I want to be studying under Nolem and would like to be a Jedi Guardian (I just realized I don't have a copy yet of the newest SW core rulebook. I'll be able to get it from Deadestdai... I believe he has it.) and as for race... I'm going to have to give it a couple days to figure out which race I want to be and run it by our beloved GM.

boy, I'm excited :D

drothgery

First Post
The Goblin King said:
I only have the SW core book so I'm not going to do anything fancy. Human Jedi Guardian straight up. Is Powers of the Jedi good?
Pretty much the same resources here (repeating what I posted in the first thead just before it was closed). I'm not sure how I'd build my character yet, though; need to double-check on the Star Wars races.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases