Knights of the Old Republic: Last of the Sith (OOC)

Sweeet setup. :D

I'm in. I have access to power of the jedi, and the core rules, so I'll be using those. I'm thinking a bothan jedi, probably a straignt jedi also, if that's all kosher. :)

Aren't there stats for the off hand saber in PotJedi? Or am I thinking of something else?

Last edited:

First off...eek! I mentioned that the non-Human Jedi Master was a Miraluka, but it slipped my mind to at least summarize what that was for some of you who don't have Power of the Jedi or Ultimate Alien Anthology. Miraluka are a race in which ALL members have at least some Force ability, this being because they have no eyes and see through the Force itself. The only real difference to tell a Miraluka apart from a group of humans is that the Miraluka will normally wear a cloth, or something similar around where their eyes would be. This is more for the comfort of other species than for themselves.

Now, onto other things...first:

Brother Shatterstone said:
AMG, does the above jive with what you want to do?

Sounds good to me. Just remember that even though love isn't as much a taboo at this point, it still can be dangerous(for obvious reasons).

As for Short Lightsaber, I'll allow it. This means that your extra lightsaber damage will be +d6s instead of +d8s though

Andrew D. Gable said:
I'd like to play...I haven't tried Star Wars...but I only have the non-revised version. How much would be different, especially in regards to classes? If I could get by with the old one, I'm in.

You can get away with the original version and it can be updated. You're definitely in.

There were a fairly good amount of changes, but build your character with the old rules and then use this Conversion Sheet on the WotC site:
http://www.wizards.com/starwars/article.asp?x=sw20020725aconversion&c=rpg

If that doesn't cover it all, I happen to still have the last issue of Star Wars Gamer, which has a class conversion guide in it, so I can help you out there.

The Goblin King said:
I only have the SW core book so I'm not going to do anything fancy. Human Jedi Guardian straight up. Is Powers of the Jedi good?

Power of the Jedi is the non-Core book I'd recommend the most, along with Hero's Guide. :)

Vendetta said:
OK, I'm thinking I want to be studying under Nolem and would like to be a Jedi Guardian (I just realized I don't have a copy yet of the newest SW core rulebook. I'll be able to get it from Deadestdai... I believe he has it.) and as for race... I'm going to have to give it a couple days to figure out which race I want to be and run it by our beloved GM.

You can also check out that conversion guide I posted a link to above. :)

Hob Marshmallowfoot said:
I would also be very interested in playing if you'd like another person.

Well, I seem to have missed drothgery's post in the last thread, so you'll be in as an alternate if anyone has to pull out.

drothgery said:
I'm not sure how I'd build my character yet, though; need to double-check on the Star Wars races.

Alright, since I missed your post in the last thread you're in and we're full up on 8 Jedi. Jeez. Part of me can't believe I'm actually doing this. Not that I haven't run big games before, but Jedi...eight of them. :D

The Other Librarian said:
I'm in. I have access to power of the jedi, and the core rules, so I'll be using those. I'm thinking a bothan jedi, probably a straignt jedi also, if that's all kosher.

Aren't there stats for the off hand saber in PotJedi? Or am I thinking of something else?

Bothan Jedi sounds good.

And no, there's aren't Off Hand Lightsaber stats in PotJ...or at least, as far as I know. What IS in there, are Training Lightsabers(non lethal damage only), Great Lightsabers(two handed with a little reach), Archaic Lightsabers(on power packs, these were a thousand years before even this game), and Dual Phase Lightsabers(able to switch between Great and Normal modes).

Insight

Adventurer
Hi all,

I think I'll go with a Human Jedi Consular, maybe with a level or 2 of Noble - I haven't decided yet. Basically, she was a librarian at Ossus (or was training to be one), but got off planet before the bad things started happening.

I'll work up more details as they come to me. This should al least enable the GM to work me into the planning. I think my master would most likely be the Miraluka Jedi Master. I would play a Miraluka myself, but I don't have their stats etc. I love the race though, and have played them in the past when a fellow gamer would lend me the Alien Anthology book hehe.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Sounds good to me. Just remember that even though love isn't as much a taboo at this point, it still can be dangerous(for obvious reasons).

Great. :)

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
As for Short Lightsaber, I'll allow it. This means that your extra lightsaber damage will be +d6s instead of +d8s though

That sounds very reasonable. :)

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Power of the Jedi is the non-Core book I'd recommend the most, along with Hero's Guide. :)

Ditto. :D (but I'm a supplement fool... I like them all.)

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
And no, there's aren't Off Hand Lightsaber stats in PotJ...or at least, as far as I know. What IS in there, are Training Lightsabers(non lethal damage only), Great Lightsabers(two handed with a little reach), Archaic Lightsabers(on power packs, these were a thousand years before even this game), and Dual Phase Lightsabers(able to switch between Great and Normal modes).

Yup that's the ones I found also... :) (It’s also the reason why I figured you would okay with the short lightsabers.)

FYI: My character will be a force adept/Jedi guardian... Not sure how many levels of FA though... I have hopes of her being behind the power curve of the group but not severely so... It sort of depends upon everyone else's levels. (For advancement concerns I'm thinking the Jedi Lightsaber mastery feat from Hero Guide that gives you your dex bonus to damage instead of strength.. I'm thinking that's IV.)

Stupid questions:

I don't have my book in front of me but I'm working on it in my mind... Is a lightsaber finessable with the weapon finesse? (I know that the dual lightsaber second half is consider a light weapon.)

If the normal lightsaber isn’t finessable what about the shorter version I presented earlier?

Last edited:

I don't have my book in front of me but I'm working on it in my mind... Is a lightsaber finessable with the weapon finesse? (I know that the dual lightsaber second half is consider a light weapon.)

If the normal lightsaber isn’t finessable what about the shorter version I presented earlier?

Yes, the lightsaber is finessable, as is the double bladed saber.

And as far as my bothan goes, I think he's gonna be headed down the jedi investigator path.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Yes, the lightsaber is finessable, as is the double bladed saber.

Most excellent! :D (it looks like my desire to have a very agile Jedi is a rather easier to do than I expected.)

And as far as my bothan goes, I think he's gonna be headed down the jedi investigator path.

I haven't really looked at to many of the PrCs... With having levels in force adept I'm already behind the power curve but that does bring up a pretty good question...

AMG, how do you handle advancement? Will it happen or should we just plan for the short term?

Insight said:
Hi all,

I think I'll go with a Human Jedi Consular, maybe with a level or 2 of Noble - I haven't decided yet. Basically, she was a librarian at Ossus (or was training to be one), but got off planet before the bad things started happening.

I'll work up more details as they come to me. This should al least enable the GM to work me into the planning. I think my master would most likely be the Miraluka Jedi Master. I would play a Miraluka myself, but I don't have their stats etc. I love the race though, and have played them in the past when a fellow gamer would lend me the Alien Anthology book hehe.

Sounding good. If you really want to play a Miraluka, I can give you the stats and such. Not a problem at all. Though they are also in Power of the Jedi, too.

FYI: My character will be a force adept/Jedi guardian... Not sure how many levels of FA though... I have hopes of her being behind the power curve of the group but not severely so... It sort of depends upon everyone else's levels. (For advancement concerns I'm thinking the Jedi Lightsaber mastery feat from Hero Guide that gives you your dex bonus to damage instead of strength.. I'm thinking that's IV.)

Stupid questions:

Technically, a large amount of those forms(after II probably) aren't even developed yet. But, I'm going to ignore that and say go with them as they're another good way to make your Jedi more distinct.

And yes, normal lightsabers(and by inference, short ones) are finessable weapons.

...just hope that when the Bothan Spynet develops, they don't get the hint that its a good idea to use Bothan Jedi Investigators ;)

I haven't really looked at to many of the PrCs... With having levels in force adept I'm already behind the power curve but that does bring up a pretty good question...

AMG, how do you handle advancement? Will it happen or should we just plan for the short term?

It'll really depend on the choices your group makes. Combat is just as likely as more diplomatic situations, and both can offer good amounts of XP. I guess I'd say that it WILL happen, and could be somewhat fast at times, though it could be slower...again, all depends on the path you take. :)

Insight

Adventurer
I'm gonna try to take a look at a POTJ book, but AMG could you post the basics for the Miraluka? I'm 99% sure that's the way I'm gonna go. Definitely 4+ levels of Jedi Consular, and maybe a level or two of Noble.

Insight said:
I'm gonna try to take a look at a POTJ book, but AMG could you post the basics for the Miraluka? I'm 99% sure that's the way I'm gonna go. Definitely 4+ levels of Jedi Consular, and maybe a level or two of Noble.
Okay...here they are:

-2 Dex, +2 Int
+2 to Initiative checks
Force Sight: Use Sense Surroundings(aspect of the Sense feat in PotJ) as a Free Action and with no VP cost; Max range of 1km
Miraluka with one level of a Force Using class automatically gain the Sense Feat for free

Remove ads