Let's Talk Shop

Warden

First Post
I've had this idea for a while, but now I've decided to actually throw it out there.

I'm looking to have some group chats with other ePublishers out there to discuss certain topics in the industry (i.e. DRM, sales, mini-PDFs) and that kind of thing. These chats would then be uploaded to our website and then posted here on EN World after a decent amount of time has passed. So there are two things that I'm asking for here.

1. Other ePublishers. I'm not really looking for those who are more experienced, but I'd like to have a nice rotation of ePublishers to participate in these topics. Whether or not you would be directly involved in the topic of the moment is not really a concern. I'm just looking for other voices out there to add to the discussions.

2. Topics. The main reason that I'd like to do this is to ask questions to a small group of ePublishers regarding issues that I'd like to know more about -- it just so happens that I'd also like to publish that material on my site to increase traffic (and everyone else is welcome to do the same with their own). But what ePublishing topics are out there that people would like to know more about?

I hope that this is something people would be interested in, because I think that it would also be a helpful tool to another else currently in/considering entry into the ePublishing field.

philreed said:
Joe, are you picking on me? :)
Given the numbers involved I'd hoped it would be seen as a dig on myself. (I mean I was tempted to go with 5 instead of 3 but then I thought: 5? 5? Who'm I kidding?) :) And I thought it might get you to tip your hand about what was to happen....

Last edited:

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
jmucchiello said:
Given the numbers involved I'd hoped it would be seen as a dig on myself. (I mean I was tempted to go with 5 instead of 3 but then I thought: 5? 5? Who'm I kidding?) :) And I thought it might get you to tip your hand about what was to happen....

:) It's a bit odd, since we both started publishing PDFs at about the same time. I sometimes wonder if I should take a break.

And as to what will happen . . . no fair peeking! It will be something neat but not mindblowing. And certainly not innovative or astounding. Just a simply neat.

philreed said:
:) It's a bit odd, since we both started publishing PDFs at about the same time. I sometimes wonder if I should take a break.
No it just means your life is more conducive towards publishing than mine. I'm getting ready to update my webpage and I notice it was last updated last Oct. Ugh.
And as to what will happen . . . no fair peeking! It will be something neat but not mindblowing. And certainly not innovative or astounding. Just a simply neat.
Oh well, it almost worked.

Remove ads