Team: TITAN, Class of 2004

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 11:39am, Oct 29th 2004. the Residency

[occ] FYI so, so far, Hawk and Dove are sitting at Nightwing's table, Wondergirl is sitting at Red Tornado's table. Of the NPCs, Starfire (soon to be taken over as a PC but not yet) leads Robin to Nightwing's table. Argent, Raven and Impulse have sat down at Tornado's table. Beast Boy will sit with Terra, while Aqualad sits down next to Robin, while Risk sits next to Argent (they seem to know each other). Superboy sat at a random table before most everyone else got there and so sits at Nightwing's table. So now there are a total of 7 people at Robin's table and 6 people sitting at Tornado's table. The only people not sitting... Beast Boy, Terra, and Arsenal.

The tables are close together so you can intermingle with different tables no big deal. Any questions, comments, random role-playing you wish to do, now is a good time. The conversions are not about anything particular
[/occ]

To Hawk, Nightwing simply shakes his head smiling and say "No, no honest… Tornado and I are here to help you learn to use your powers and help get you thinking about acting as a team. Yes, the D.O.E. does have an ulterior motive… they hope that some of you will go on to work for the Justice League as either probationary or full members. But whatever each of you choices to do, it's up to you. These abilities do not make us above the law, so of course you don't get to do anything we want, but if you want to work or do something else, the government is not going to step in your way. At least not as long as I am here"

At Red Tornado's table before anyone else joins them, Tornado looks down the table at Cassie and says "So what do you think of our facilities so far Miss Sandsmark? Did you have a pleasant flight in? How would you prefer I address you? Is Miss proper? Forgive my rambling… I am attempting to expand my social functions…"

When Argent and Risk sit they start talking about someone they know… wondering if he will be joining the team sense the two of them were asked…

Raven has gotten herself salad, no dressing, no side dishes, and is eating it slowly not looking up from her plate.

hero4hire

Explorer
Arsenal

Roy arrives in his room and thoroughly checks it out.

{OOC: Action: Specifically hidden cameras, listening devices, etc. Take 20 Search Check, for a total of 28}

Spoiler Text for GM Below:
Once satisfied his privacy is his own. Roy begins to unpack and carefully secret his stash.

{OOC: Action: Take 20 on Sleight of Hand? For a 31.}

Last edited:

Elfy

First Post
Wonder Girl

Having noted who chose to sit or gather by whom, Cassie’s eyes continue to scan the area around her, having not yet located a soft-serve ice cream machine, while continuing to eat her food quietly until Red Tornado attempts to open a dialog with her. She turns her attention towards him, a fork full of salad at her mouth and a perplexed look on her face, and replies to his inquires sequentially and succinctly before asking a question of her own, "I haven’t really looked around yet. Yes. Cassie. Yes. Is there a soft-serve ice cream machine around here?"

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 11:40am, Oct 29th 2004. the Residency

Tornado nods "Yes... Cassie... there is soft ice cream I belive in the kitchen. Four textures. There are 12 other ice cream favors avaible there also. You have unlimited access to the kitchen at all hours of the day. The staff can show you where to look."

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Karl Green said:
[occ] Beast Boy will sit with Terra,
The only people not sitting... Beast Boy, Terra, and Arsenal.

The tables are close together so you can intermingle with different tables no big deal. Any questions, comments, random role-playing you wish to do, now is a good time. The conversions are not about anything particular
[/occ]

Terra grabs a tray of whatever's being served not really paying attention... She makes sure and grabs some apple juice and mostly pokes at her food with a forks while slurping the juice through a straw.
Sitting facing Garfield with her back to the majority of the other tables she jokes around tipping the salt and pepper over making a little mess drawing smiley faces in the salts spread on the table... sweeping her finger around she asks again...

"so spill Green, which'a these super-babies doya think's the toughest? er'more better who doya think's the crappiest? ;)
My money's on the new bat-boy bein' the goat a the gang....... He was probably like some sorta circus clown er something, no powers and such... heheh...
Who're yer picks Garfield?"

Tara asks in a lower tone looking back over her shoulder quickly.

She notices Argent over at the other table and for a second she wonders why Argent hadn't bothered to ask her to sit with her at the bigger table... and then she quickly reminds herself she doesn't care anyway... not really...

kid A

First Post
Dove

Originally posted by Nightwing
To Hawk, Nightwing simply shakes his head smiling and say "No, no honest… Tornado and I are here to help you learn to use your powers and help get you thinking about acting as a team. Yes, the D.O.E. does have an ulterior motive… they hope that some of you will go on to work for the Justice League as either probationary or full members. But whatever each of you choices to do, it's up to you. These abilities do not make us above the law, so of course you don't get to do anything we want, but if you want to work or do something else, the government is not going to step in your way. At least not as long as I am here."

While he sat eating, Don listened intently to the conversations at his own table, but his eyes also scanned the room, taking in the cafeteria and all it's inhabitants. Most of the new students seemed to have made their way in for lunch. For a moment, he tried to account for who was still missing, but he stopped when his eyes fell on the one student who interested him most. Cassie Sandsmark was sitting at Red Tornado's table. She seemed quiet, reserved, maybe even a bit shy, but all Don could think of was how gorgeous she was.

He turned his attention back to his table when Hank and Nightwing began speaking. After Nightwing had answered Hank, and between bites of his burger, Don spoke up with a few questions. "Hey, ummm... Nightwing? (Should I call you Nightwing? Or Mr. Grayson?) Anyways, I know that the weekend is basically going to be settling in and orientation, but when will we be going over coursework and selecting our curriculum?" If there was any speculation that Don might have been kidding around, it was immediately put to rest by the all too serious expression on his face. Project TITAN was one of the best schools in the world, and he fully intended on making use of the facilities and faculty.

Radiant

First Post
Batgirl (or the arrival of another "goth, ninja chic")

Guards, armored battle suits, automated defenses, an armed driver, costumed people with unknown powers...
Cassandra takes it all in as she leaves the car, allready starting to plan how to defend against all of it. But since none of it actually threatens her the black haired girl suddenly finds herself very much without any idea what to do.
Wearing combat boots, military pants and a tanktop (all in black) that shows of her wiry arms she walks towards the compound. Her backback is easily slung over one shoulder, so she could drop it any moment if she has to.
The Batman told her she would live here so she supposes she should not be threatened. But that's not something she knows how to handle so she just stands in the middle of the grounds, looking very confused and lost.

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 11:44am, Oct 29th 2004. the Residency

Red Tornado suddenly stands and says to the students sitting next to him "Excuse me, it seems that another student has arrived, I will go to greet her."

Watching over to the Administration building, he arrives just as Cassandra's limo pulled up.

Cassandra, as she gets out of her car, sees a strange looking man, wearing a business suit, with a bright red head… that looks a little… off. He steps forward and after a moment of hesitation holds out his hand to shake. He says "Good morning Miss Cassandra, my name is the Red Tornado, one of the two headmasters here. Would you like to come with me, the other students have already begun lunch. Nothing formal, but Dick Grayson aka Nghtwing is also there. I will wait for further introductions. You can drop your bags off at the lobby and check out your room later.

"This way then.
"

She is then lead by Tornado to a three-story brick building, which he calls 'the Residency', where you will be living while attending school and training here on campus. "Your room is semi-private, but we wish to make sure that each student gets to know their fellow students and you do have a roommate. I will introduce you to yours when we get inside. Her name is Starfire and she is an Alien from the planet Tamaran which is located within the 'Aquila Rift' which is near the arm of our Galaxy in which our Sun resides, the Loop I bubble is some hundreds of parsecs from Earth through, and…

"I apologies for my rambling… I tend to share more facts then most people care to listen to…
"

He then leads Cassandra into the building and she can hear and then see a number of young people sitting around two tables eating lunch, etc. Most look up to see who this 'new student' is, and Nightwing comes over to shake Cassandra's hand also "Your early, glad you could make it. I hope your flight in was good? Now lets introduce you to everyone shall we?"

To which he directs Cassandra into the cafeteria and says "OK people, I know I said she would not be here until Monday but it looks like she made it a couple of days early. Everyone this is Cassandra, aka Batgirl. Cassandra your roommate is Starfire here if you would care to join us at our table here for lunch. Go ahead and get yourself a tray and something to drink. We will get your luggage afterwards, sound good?"

Starfire stands up and says "Wonderful. I am so very pleased to meet you. Come and sit with us. This is Tim Drake, he is also called Robin. I am Starfire. My real name cannot be pronounced in your tongue. I this is a wonderful day. We will be wonderful friends yes?"

Karl Green

First Post
TITAN campus, 11:40am, Oct 29th 2004. the Residency

[occ]before Cassandra shows up...[/occ]

Terra said:
"so spill Green, which'a these super-babies doya think's the toughest? er'more better who doya think's the crappiest? ;)
My money's on the new bat-boy bein' the goat a the gang....... He was probably like some sorta circus clown er something, no powers and such... heheh...
Who're yer picks Garfield?"

"Well I bet Superboy or Wondergirl be the heavy hitters. Robin, yea him and that bow-boy are probably the low-boy. I mean what can they do? Not turn into a Rhino I bet!"

Terra said:
She notices Argent over at the other table and for a second she wonders why Argent hadn't bothered to ask her to sit with her at the bigger table... and then she quickly reminds herself she doesn't care anyway... not really...

[occ] NOTE that you probably are sitting at her table, there are only two tables set up.

Argent is in deep conversation with the blond haired guy they call Risk. After a few moments, she does look up, smiling at Terra and says "So, they have a sports field out back... you guys (she is including Beast Boy) want to go shot some hoops after lunch breaks up?"

Remove ads