Astral Constructs on the astral plane?

Anony Mouse

First Post
My question regards the power Astral Construct and im looking at the Expanded Psionics Book. First of all, I understand that astral constructs are not summoned from the astral plane. Can they be constructed on planes other than the prime? If so (I assume so because the astral plane borders all other planes, right?) then what would be different on _other planes_? and would there be any significant difference on the astral? It seems to me that they would be MORE powerful on the astral, but i dont want it unbalancing the game. A Shaper in the Astral should have some advantages it seems tho...

Also as a side note: Psionic Charm is a Mind Affecting power that is not language dependent. Can an invisible creature/character use this power undetected? Is the victim aware of what is affecting them?

I appreciate any experience with the new psionics system anyone might have :p

HeavyG

First Post
Anony Mouse said:
I assume so because the astral plane borders all other planes, right?

I don't know if it's spelled out in 3rd edition, but it used to be that the astral bordered only the outer planes and the prime material plane. Thus, it wouldn't border the ethereal or the inner planes (elemental and negative/positive energy).

On those planes, I would say that you can't summon astral constructs or powers relying on ectoplasm, but I might let the psion still use those powers by manipulating ether matter instead. It would probably require some experimentation and Psicraft rolls, however.

Staffan

Legend
HeavyG said:
I don't know if it's spelled out in 3rd edition, but it used to be that the astral bordered only the outer planes and the prime material plane. Thus, it wouldn't border the ethereal or the inner planes (elemental and negative/positive energy).
They changed that in the 3e Manual of the Planes. Now the Astral plane touches the inner planes as well (which kind of makes you wonder what makes the inner planes "inner" and the outer planes "outer"). The Ethereal doesn't go anywhere - essentially, the "Deep Ethereal" is gone.

Remove ads