Lost 1/19/05

fett527

First Post
Looks like Locke has someone else on his side in Michael now.

Boone=patsy.

I was surprised by the "powers" that Walt seems to possess manifesting before being on the Island. I didn't expect that. Did Walt bring the polar bear for attention similar to what it seemed like he did with the bird? Did he bring the first one? Were they illusions? (I don't think so)

I was hoping for more on the hatch.

Last edited:

Zuoken

First Post
Hah! Serves me right for trying to beat you to the punch, fett :D .

This was an intriguing episode. Walt's "powers" were a nice twist; I wonder if they only apply to animals? Based on what we've seen so far, I'm surprised that "Eathan" took Claire instead of Walt. I suppose we'll find out next (next next?) week.

On another note, Locke's list of allies seems to grow with each episode. There are a lot of directions that can be explored with that. We still don't know what is exactly his connection to the "creature", or how it may be influencing him.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I'm not sure Boone is a patsy. He looks like someone growing up, finding a purpose for the first time in his pampered life.

Walt's 'power' was a surprise. He could be the entire reason that anyone lived through the crash, Or maybe he subconsciously caused the crash. Or his mother's death. Or anything, at this point. :) I don't think he just created the bear, since the crazy French woman mentioned 'the bears', but maybe he called it somehow? Or... hmm. Odd how his dog just turned up fine, before. If it hadn't responded to Locke's signal, I might think the dog might be Walt's creation, somehow. And now it's gone off again.

Hell, maybe it's all the dog's doing.

OK, there were too many shadows. Did Claire look pregnant anymore to anyone? She didn't to me. They took her to get (to) the baby? That was something else the flashback had: Charlie said ''They' only wanted Claire'. More than just 'Ethan'? Did he see more people and has just been too traumatized to remember? At least he got a good shot in on Sawyer. 'You hit like a ponce.' Heh.

Crothian

First Post
No, Claire looked very not pregnant.....what power was shown of the kids before he ggot to the island? I missed that part of the episode.

The_lurkeR

First Post
Crothian said:
No, Claire looked very not pregnant.....what power was shown of the kids before he ggot to the island? I missed that part of the episode.

He was trying to get his mothers attention, when she was speaking with Brian. When she didn't respond (she was showing symptoms of not feeling well.) all the sudden a bird flew into their porch window and died. Brian looked at the bird and Walt didn't seem to show any remorse when he said it had died, Brian noticed he was looking at pictures of the same type of bird in his book.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I agree. Claire did not look pregnant to me, and I was looking for that specifically.

Do you folks suppose that Locke could be the first one to be infected by the "sickness" that the French woman talked about? He seems to have gone from benevolent to draconian in the last few episodes. Any thoughts?

The_lurkeR

First Post
Anyways I thought it was great episode, a good pick up after I thought the last couple had begun to slump.

1) I liked how they kept other storylines running through the episode at the same time as telling Walt and Michaels story.

2) Michael and Walts storyline was a good one, realistic (relationship-wise) and heartfelt.

3) They definately reinforced Walts "supernatural" edge. The odd thing about it was that it started before the island? This seems to be a first for an islander, if you don't count the psychic warning Claire?

4) They keep toying with us as to what Lockes intentions are. My girlfriend is a firm believer that he is a good "enlightened" character trying to bring out the best in each person, but I still think there's something he's hiding. Something perhaps he himself doesn't know the true purpose of...

5)) Claire definately looked non-pregnant at the end. I can't believe they're going to make us wait at least 2 weeks before finding out what happens next...?!?!

Crothian

First Post
The_lurkeR said:
5)) Claire definately looked non-pregnant at the end. I can't believe they're going to make us wait at least 2 weeks before finding out what happens next...?!?!

Then you won't klike the end of the season. I have no idea what they are doing but this shows just screams major cliffhanger at seasons end.

The_lurkeR

First Post
Crothian said:
Then you won't klike the end of the season. I have no idea what they are doing but this shows just screams major cliffhanger at seasons end.

Yeah :D I'm expecting that, but actually I had read that the makers of the show have planned to have a big "revelation" or "clue" of some sort at the end of each season. Obviously they're not going to unravel the show entirely, but I've been pondering since then what that would be exactly.

If I had to bet right now it would be a reveal of the "monster"?

Damn it. They end the show with a whopping big hook like that, and then they're showing a repeat next week?!?!? Bastards!! hate 'em hate 'em hate 'em!!

But I'll still watch the new episodes... :)

Remove ads