Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

Finn's welcome aboard as far as I'm concerned; we can add him to Marienna's third watch.

Is there any chance that I recognize Rook's description of the "fish-man"?

As to the "spy", I'd prefer to have him where we could keep an eye on him, especially if he doesn't know we suspect that he's a potential threat.

Finally, we'll shift watches to the "high threat" rotation, though we'll just announce a shift change without any additional comment (I don't want to alert Michael's new hire that we're on to him). That should "put the wind up the crew's sails" and let them know to be vigilant. If anyone asks, we should just say that it's because of all the silver we've just brought on board; that's true enough.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlock)

Aftern Michael meets with the Captain and Radoon, and discusses his suspicions about Christopher and descrbing his course of action, of keeping Christopher occupied with menial tasks in the cabin and bathing etc, and if that is acceptable, he will secure Christopher in his cabin pending Rook's return. Before taking Christopher to his cabin, Michael will secure anything incrimating, papers, weapons, kits, anything that might give him away, in the hold, he will then tell Grond of his suscipions and inform him to keep Christopher in the cabin, Guiesspite will not be informed of Michaels concers, but will be told to keep his mouth shut about there current errand other than to say "All i know is he is transporiting a cargo of silver somewhere".

Upon, Christopyers, return to the ship, MIchael will bury him in detail, first he will inspect the clothing etc, and with a snooty eye, state it must be washed immediately. He will order Giuesspee to lone the lad a tunic until his clothes and the clothes he brought aboard can be laundered and fumigated. He will be polite about it but insistent stating that he expects high standards of cleaninless from all of his employees. He will apoligize for the cramped quarters and tell Chris that once this current errand is over they will be returing to their permeante quarters and from there off to the another cargo run in about a month. He will then ask Chrisopther if he has eaten and regardless of the answer, order Guiesspee to lay out some smalll edibles and to go fetch some hot water for Chris to bath in.

When Rook, returns, Michael will excuse himself from his cabin and say he needs to gte confirmation on his cargos and it's stowage. As he leaves, he will mention to Guisessp, "Better bring his clothes so we can have then cleaned" and walk out the door. Leaving Chris under Gronds watchful eye. If Chris protests, Michael will give him a patrician snooty stare, and say, dont dispute me young man or you may go ashore now"..

Scotley

Hero
Aboard the 'Rumpled Bedsheet'

Marienna arrives on deck and gives Radoon a winning smile. He thinks he spots just s hint of chocolate at the corner of her mouth. Following a brief meeting about Christopher and Finn on the quarter deck the ship is a bustle of activity. Terry Lockspar arrives back aboard about this time smelling slightly of beer though he does not seem to be intoxicated. He went ashore with the group, but managed to slip into a tavern unnoticed, though it seems the last time anyone saw him was near the brothels. He reports that there have been a few ships lost within two days sail of Axiopolis under mysterious conditions over the last 6 months or so. Soon the group begins to break up to attend to various duties. Terry goes to bring Finn aboard and to confirm his identity as Finn is known to him. Christopher is the soul of cooperation. The barrel of lemonade arrives and he has a bundle of clothes. He does not complain at any of the demands.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlock)

Michael will take the bundle of clothing and have it laundred, He will look for any false seems etc or anthing out the ordinary but will not rip the clothes up etc. He then will go down to the galley and ask the cook if she would please place a large calduron of hot water on to boil, and if it is not to inconvient, direct him to the laudry and failing a laundry, impose upon her to boil the clothes in order to clean them. He will also ask her, if she would be willing to function as a cook for himself and his party, as the prepared foods are almost out and he does not wish to serve his men a continued diet of canned foods etc. He will also give her a heads up that the Captain may be requesting that she prepare fresh duck sometime this evening or tomoroww.

Michael will then inspect the barrell of lemonaide, he will test it for poison, a sleeping agent etc and will himself take a drink. Should it prove safe, then Michael will ask the Captain's permission to distribute it this evening at supper or perhaps tomorrow at lunch to the crew as they were unable to go ashore. MIchale will make sure it is well packed in the ice and in a cool place until a decison has been reached.

Returing to his cabin, Michael will sit down with Christopher and ask him if he has his letters and can write. If the answer is somewhat, he will hold a brief session on writing and spelling for Guiessippe and Christopher, stating it is best to stay out of the way of a Captain leaving port, as they always seem to be in a temper.

He will ask Christopher if he has a weapon or knows how to use one for self defense as every one should know how to defend themselves. Pendind the answer, Michael will state he will buy him one at the next port but until then he is to avail himselve of the arms master with whom he has already made arrangements with to teach Guiessippee.

Michael will ask if Christopher has any money on him, and reardless of the response give him 10 gp like he did Guiessepp and tell him, "Every many needs a little gold in his pocket".

Michael will then spend the time remaing, wating for the Captain to call a conference.

Scotley

Hero
Aboard the Rumpled Bedsheet

As Michael visits the galley he finds the cook willing to cook. This is normal treatment for passengers. The clothes prove unremarkable though Christopher has a sling and 3 daggers. The lemonade passes your scrutiny and continues to be quite tasty. Christopher does not know his letters, and doesn't seem interested,but does make an effort when the lessons begin.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlock)

Michael will scribble a note addressed to Captain Morwyn requesting a dinner meeting that evening to discover the acquisition of more silver and to finalize the total silver content from all ports.

Michael will make sure Christopher sees this letter and will send it by Christopher with Guiessippee as his guide to Captain Morwyn

This is to give Morwy and his officers and the other party members a good view of Christopher
Grond will also go out on deck with them to keep an eye on them, Michael will confirm to G
rond that Christopher is now a know threat and should anything happen, he is to take him out if he can not be subdued immeditley. Once they reach the Captain, Grond will continue to the cook and deliver to her two of the large cuts of aged beef and ask her to prepare it for the captain table tonight.

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Scotley said:
Terry goes to bring Finn aboard and to confirm his identity as Finn is known to him.

Finn is delighted to see his old shipmaster, and happy to be joining the crew. He heads back to the tavern to pack his belongings and will buy Terry a celebratory ale while he settles his bill. He then will return to the ship, stringing up his hammock in the crew quarters.

For DM
[sblock] Spot check (1d20+9=14) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Aboard the 'Rumpled Bedsheet'

A bit later Gusseppi reports that Christopher asked him to read a few letters off the note as 'practice'. He didn't read the whole note to him, but felt he should report it anyway. Upon questioning him further Gusseppi reports the Christopher looked briefly at the whole note, but since he doesn't know his letters it shouldn't be any big deal.

Scotley

Hero
Dockside at Axiopolis

Finn takes a good look around as he boards the 'Rumpled Bedsheet'. He sees two shady characters watching the ship with a certain hunger in their eyes, but doesn't see anyone that looks like a real threat. It seems likely that the real thieves in town are more subtle.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlock)

Michael will just raise his eyebrow at Guiesspie's news and say "I am sure he was just wanting to see if he learned anything" " I would not worry about it too much, but do not discuss anything you know of with him at this time, let's let him get his bearings before we burden him with such matters, after all he is only a youngster"

Michael will then set them both to inventoring his provisions and saying he we be hosting the Captain in two days to discuss a business arrangement and we must be sure to put our best food forawrd to get him to agree. Also he will tell them they will be hosting Rook tomorrow night in order to get his agreement to sale some of his gems to us.

MIchael will then sit down and write a few more notes, he wants to get Christopher used to him sending notes, and when he asks Guiesspiee, he can confirm that this is common place...

Rooks note will read as follows:

Dear Sir,
In reference to our earliet conversation concering gemstones, I would consider it a personal favor if you would forward a sample of two or three of them for my inspection pending our dinner discussion tomorrow night. I wish to ascertain their quality and think about potientail markets for them before we get into the mechanical discussion of how many you have availabel for sell.

Respectfully.
M. Storm

Radoons note will read as follows;

My Dear Sir,

In reference to a passing conversation we had a few days ago, I would like to meet with you sometime soon, to discuss the source of such fine pearls as you showed me three days ago. I will of course be willing to pay a finders fee for such information.

Respectfully
M. Storm

Morwyn's note will read as follows:

Dear Captain,

Please allow for additional cargo space to be alloted to my passage as I have several leaads I am working on. I respectfully request a rought estimates of the additional expense I will inqure for say an additonal 200 pounds of space.

Respectfully.
M. Storm

The intent of these lettrs is to get Christopher thinking about more and more money and biggger and bigger prize's, slash information. Perhaps greed will blind him to some of our more obivious failings and quirks that might otherwise alert him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads