Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Animus

Explorer
When everyone is finally back in the backroom, the young man addresses the adventurers. He wears a hooded cloak with the hood off, but it looks like the arm lenght of his garment is too long because it covers all of his arms including the hands. He says:

"Greetings to you all. My name is Hamlir Thimbrall, and this is my guard David. I once again apologize for the fool I made of myself earlier today, but my mission is of great importance. It is so important, that my life depends on it.

"Eighty years ago, my recently widowed great grandmother was courted by a wizard. She did not return his love, because her grief was too great for the loss of her husband. The wizard, angry and bitter, cursed the house of her husband's name, vowing that House Thimbrall would die the most unatural death. My great grandmother recieved a precious amulet from a secret admirer, and whether because of fooolishness or sorcerous trickery, she put it on. All of the inhabitants of House Thimbrall who were on the premesis were turned into zombies. The curse also kept members of the Thimbrall name from entering the castle to retrieve the amulet to end the curse. The final part of the curse was that all first born sons would slowly turn into undead in their 20th year.

"Fortunately, my grandfather was on a trip with my great greatuncle at the time. When they returned to the castle, they found out about the curse and went away to live far away from the castle. My grandfather was raised by my great great uncle, then sired a son by his 20th year, my father, who then sired me by his 20th year. Unfortunately, I have been unable to sire any children, so have come to Orossus to find a group of adventurers who will go in and get the amulet and break the curse before I decay. It has already begun." He pulls his sleeves back to show that his flesh is turning a dull gray. "My grandfather and father went into hiding to avoid the wrath of this evil wizard, but I have decided to risk coming out publicly, though with great discretion, to try to end this curse. That is why I am here, and that is why I have gathered you."

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
Hamlir replies, "As far as the undead are concerned, they are what they are, and it's not like I knew any of them in life. And yes, I need the amulet to dispell the curse. As far as the wizard goes, he's been long dead, but his grandson is still alive, and from what I gather, out to get me. I don't understand why, but I guess he's trying to carry this thing out to completion.

"Rewards will be any loot you can get from the castle, minus the amulet of course. I believe that there are a lot of valuables there still. Nobody has ever bothered to go anywhere close to the castle as far as I know because of their fear of the curse, but I know that it only affects the bloodline, so you have no worries there. If there is nothing else, then it is best you be on your way. The castle is about two days travel due north of here, and I don't have much time."

fuzzy

First Post
Levin, Human PsyWarrior 1

"That's all I needed to know. I think that holy water would be a good thing to have with us, so we might want to buy some on the way out of town." Levin stands and heads for the door. "I wonder why the wizards grandson would care about his grandfathers magic?"

scout989

First Post
Jann Hurst Half-Elf Sorceror1

"Although I agree that holy water would be useful, I am currently without the means to acquire it. However, I can come up with about 5 gp to put towards a flask. We must work together, after all, so I will willingly pool my resources. Especially if it means surviving." He winks after the last part of his speech.

El Jefe

First Post
Boog Sammas, Elan Telepath 1

Boog opened the door to the room, and stepped inside without knocking. Greeted by several pairs of eyes and silence, he blurted, "Uh, Joe sent me. He said I'd find adventure here. Uh, I'm Boog. My name is Boog."

The young man stood just inside the doorway, nervously fingering his staff.

[sblock]Someone will have to fill Boog in on what's going on, but there's no need to repeat Animus's posts in-game word for word.[/sblock]

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kamdar nods, "Yes, I understand the urgency, Hamlir. I am ready to go right away. Why wait for a story? ... Holy water? I guess I could pitch in for a bit, but imagine we wouldn't need much. I'd rather just be getting on our ways. Oh, a newcomer. Hello Boog. There's a curse on our hooded friend, here, and he needs an amulet from a castle. Care to join?" Kamdar smiles and explains the story to Boog, with some flourishes.

Erekose13

Explorer
Animus said:
Hamlir replies, "As far as the undead are concerned, they are what they are, and it's not like I knew any of them in life. And yes, I need the amulet to dispell the curse. As far as the wizard goes, he's been long dead, but his grandson is still alive, and from what I gather, out to get me. I don't understand why, but I guess he's trying to carry this thing out to completion.

"Rewards will be any loot you can get from the castle, minus the amulet of course. I believe that there are a lot of valuables there still. Nobody has ever bothered to go anywhere close to the castle as far as I know because of their fear of the curse, but I know that it only affects the bloodline, so you have no worries there. If there is nothing else, then it is best you be on your way. The castle is about two days travel due north of here, and I don't have much time."

"Well then sign me up! Crushing undead and loot, I'm all for that. Where is your castle? and do you think that this grandson might be hanging around it?" replies ao'Thuir

Velmont

First Post
"I hope Russna will help you in your quest, and me by the same time, as I am curious to learn a bit more about that amulet. If we are successfull and bring you back the amulet, can I be witness of the dispel of the curse. I have been studying the arcane arts for my monastery since some time and would gladly report such feat of magic. Knowledge about dispelling such curses should be pretty usefull."

The small figure fell silent a moment. He looks like hesitant but seems finally to make a choice.

"Before following, I would just tell one thing, or show would be better. That gnome cloak is pretty usefull, but it hide a truth." He remove the hood. Instead to see the big nose of a gnome, it is the falt nose of a goblin. The small figure is a greyish skinned goblin. "I know what my kind have done to many of your kind, but my tribe are peacefull. I am a mountain goblin, and I follow the knowledge of Russna and try only to serve her." As he say so, he looks like fill with a calm and you feel that some power is protecting him. (OOC: Domain power to boost diplomacy)

El Jefe

First Post
Boog knelt by the table and listened to the gnome's story. His face fell when he heard that Hamlir needed people to kill zombies. "Zombies won't have enough mind for my powers to work on them", he thought to himself. But then he considered that his powers could still help the other party members coordinate their attacks, and he reasoned that at least he could get some practice at that. As Kamdar finished his tale with descriptions of the grey, rotting flesh falling from the zombie's bones and the cobweb-covered finery of the castle that would be their's for the taking, Boog stood and addressed Hamlir.

"I will do this. I will help", was all that he said.

Once again Boog relaxed, leaning against the wall while staring at Hamlir. Was he telling the truth?

[sblock]Sense Motive +6 on Hamlir, trying to see if he's on the level, or if he's trying to hide something from the party.[/sblock]

fuzzy

First Post
Levin, Human PsyWarrior 1

"Ok, that is weird. We're going to be working with a goblin? Hope he's not lying."

[SBLOCK]Sense Motive +3 to see if the goblin is lying.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases