Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kamdar looked at Boog in surprise but conceded, "I... okay..." <I can hear your thoughts? We're surrounded on either side... I'll do what I can to help. Oh, I know a tune to tell everyone we're in trouble> Determined, the look of surprise is replaced by grit as he sings:

And, lo the dark lurkers had the warriors
surrounded on all sides like a prarie herd;
the lurkers then jumped out in surprise
but the warriors' defense was wise

Inspire Courage +1, draw rapier as he sings, if possible

Animus

Explorer
Boog:
[sblock]
This is what you get from Kamdar's mind:

As you are winding down the road you notice that there are six humanoids hiding in the bushes to the left and right of you, three on each side. You get to act in the surprise round.
[/sblock]

Boog, ao'Thuir, Kamdar, and Jann:
[sblock]

Initiative:
ao'Thuir-10
Kamdar-17
Jann-12
Boog-16
"baddies"-11

[/sblock]

<<Kamdar inspires courage in the group. +1 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls>>

As he draws his rapier, the melodic singing of Kamdar inspires the group to greater acts of courage.

Boog is up.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Boog was stunned by Kamdar's revelation.

Kamdar:
[sblock]What? We're being ambushed? I just wanted to practice! Hey, I'll try to charm the one nearest me...don't attack that one![/sblock]
He started glancing around, trying to see something in the bushes by the side of the road without being too obvious about it.

Animus:
[sblock]I want to move so as to isolate the one I'm going to try to charm. Boog will glance around quickly but casually in order to spot one of them. If all six are in front of us, Boog will stop if he's within 25 feet of his target, and will move to that distance and stop if he's not. If all six are behind Boog, he'll just stop where he is. If some are in front of him and some behind him, he'll move so that he's right beside his target, then stop.

That should either burn the entire surprise round, or else constitute a move action in the surprise round. Once that's done, Boog will spend another power point (2 used, 3 left) to manifest Psionic Charm oh his target. If the target is undead, the power point is wasted, no big loss.

If no move action is needed to get into position for the Psionic Charm as described above, Boog will spend the rest of the surprise round attempting to convince his target to not attack, using gestures if necessary. If the charm doesn't work, he'll defend with his quarterstaff if attacked, and if not attacked will move 30 feet away from the nearest lurker (standard move action).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
OOC: Also, guys, I recommend we don't wait for your turn to post. Post your action and Animus can figure out when it occurs. This'll take a very long time otherwise.

scout989

First Post
Jann Hurst Half-Elf Sorceror1

Jann makes an intricate gesture and speaks a word of power. There is no visible effect, but those around him feel a surge of arcane energy surround him suddenly. Anyone looking also sees him take a tighter grip on his spear.

OOC: Jann casts Mage Armor on himself

spycat

First Post
Keth notices his companions tencing for battle and puts his hand to the hilt of his greatsword. "Is there going to be trouble" he says as he tenses his muscles readying himself for battle.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik Keita, Cleric of Russna 1, 10/10

Ridik looks half asleep, but Kamdar starts sings, he wake up and starts smiling, but it took too much time for him to understand the meaning of it, and he sees other are already moving. He grabs his heavy mace and will attack the nearest figure that has appeared once he can act. If no one is in reach, he will simply draw his shield too.

fuzzy

First Post
Levin, PsyWarrior 1, 16/16 hp, 1/1 pp, focused

"What, don't tell me we walked into a trap. Looks like we must fight"
When Levin can act, he will draw his longsword and move to 10 feet away from the nearest foe.

Remove ads