• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Animus

Explorer
Round 0

In order to keep this orderly, I'm doing this round by round.

As he draws his rapier, the melodic singing of Kamdar inspires the group to greater acts of courage.

Boog gets eye contact with one of the ambushers and says, "You don't want to attack us." He responds, "You know what, I don't want to attack you."

Jann chants, "Fortitudus Arcanis!" and is surrounded in a faint glow.

It is then that the rogues attack.

<<R1 hits AC 17 on ao'Thuir for 5 points>>
A rogue <R1> attacks ao'Thuir with his shortbow, piercing him close to his kidney.

<<R2 is charmed>>

<<R3 hits AC 10 on Kamdar. Miss.>>
A rogue shoots at Kamdar, but misses.

<<R4 hits AC 20 on Keth, for 7 points.>>
A rogue <R4> attacks Keth with his shortbow, piercing him close to his lung.

<<R5 hits AC 19 on Jann, for 5 points of damage. Jann is diabled.>>
A rogue <R5> scores a mighty pierce on Jann, who staggers and winces in pain.

<<R6 hits AC 5 on Ridik. Miss.>>
A rogue shoots at Ridik, but misses completely.

<<ao'Thuir charges through the brush, doing 1 point of damage to himself, hits AC 18 on R1 and doing 13 points of damage.>>
ao'Thuir charges the rogue to his left, cleaving him in nearly in two with his mighty blow, putting the rogue down.

Surprise Round Over.

Attachments

• b1r0.jpg
    b1r0.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 125

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Boog:[sblock]Yeah, sure thing. I'll get the one next to him, though. That's okay, right?[/sblock] For courage and for strength he prayed,
To Tyr, the god who he obeyed.
His trust and faith would give him aid;
He would not fight alone.

"Take that, knave!"
Kamdar takes his rapier, positions himself by one of the hiding men, and thrusts his rapier into his body...

I'll move one square down, two to the left (I'll take the diagonal actually, but that's the square I'm moving to) and attack R3. Attack: +3, Damage: d4+2

El Jefe

First Post
Kamdar:
[sblock]Ok...I'll get my "friend" out of the way. I'll charm yours if you can't take him down.[/sblock]
A crooked little smile formed under Boog's hollow eyes. If only the castle was full of ones such as these, he'd have a field day! But the battle still raged, and there was much to do.

Using his staff as a pointer, Boog advanced on the charmed rogue, imploring him to get back out of the way so he didn't get hurt. He also yelled at ao'Thuir to attack the rogue who fired on Kamdar instead of the one that was "our friend". Once past the brush, Boog put a reassuring hand on the charmed rogue's shoulder, promising him that if he stayed out of the fight, no harm would come to him.

Animus:
[sblock]Boog is probably going to have his hands full just keeping ao'Thuir from making mincemeat out of R2. He'll go through the bush anyway he can, either picking his way through or following through the hole that ao'Thuir made...whichever (a), causes the least damage, and (b), is quicker. If R3 is still standing at the end of this round, Boog will try charming him next round...but for now, Boog is content to safeguard the party's best source of information on the attack.[/sblock]

scout989

First Post
Jann Hurst Half-Elf Sorceror1

Jann will do whatever he can to stay out of the way of any more arrows... which probably means moving back in the direction from which they came 30 feet.
Edit: from which the adventurers came, not the arrows

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Having received the intel from Boog, ao'Thuir moves straight down in front of R2 and attacks R3 with another viscious overhanded attack.

"Not such a good idea to ambush us, now was it? he says mockingly.

Velmont

First Post
As Ridik see Jann fall before him, he quickly grabs his shield. "By Russna!" He stares in the bush, he sees the one who has shot an arrow at him. "Flee!" he orders him in common, calling over the power of Russna so he obey (OOC: cast command)

Last edited:

fuzzy

First Post
Levin moves to directly south of R6, going diagonally se at the beginning and then ne at the end, while drawing his longsword. He then slashes at R6.
"I hate ambushes"
Attack: Longsword +3 1d8+2 damage

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
Round 1

Initiative:
ao'Thuir-10
Kamdar-17
Jann-12
Boog-16
"baddies"-11
Keth-11
Levin-19
Ridik-9

For the record, I'm taking care of all dice rolls, in order to make things smoother for me, if I didn't make that clear.

Here's the mechanics:
[sblock]
Levin hits AC 7 on R6. Miss.

Kamdar hits AC 16 on R3, doing 6 points of damage, killing him.

Boog moves over to the rogue he charmed (moving into or through that square either costs 10 feet of movement or

does one point of damage if not going through it carefully (as is with charging)).

Jann moves 30 feet back down the road.

Keth moves around the bush to get to R4, hitting AC 14 and doing 16 points of damage, killing him.

R6 drops his bow and draws his shortsword, Tumble: 12 (fail), Levin AoO AC 8 (miss), R6 moves around to sw of Levin, and hits AC 4. Miss.

R5 takes 5-foot step, dropping bow and drawing shortsword. Attacks Levin at AC 19 (threat, confirm: 8 (no)) for 8 points.

ao'Thuir (I'm assuming you want to do this) moves to nw of R6, hitting AC 16 for 13, killing him.

Ridik (I'm assuming you want to do this) casts Command: Flee on R5, Will save 13 (fail).

[/sblock]

Levin attempts to strike the rogue he in engaged in combat with, but misses him completely.

Meanwhile, Kamdar draws his small rapier and skewers the third rogue with a mighty pierce, killing him.

Boog moves carefully over to the rogue he charmed, pushing some of the bushes aside to get close to him.

Jann, hurting and disabled, retreats back down the road in order to protect himself.

Keth moves aggressively to the fourth rogue and cleaves off his head.

The sixth rogue drops his bow and draws his shortsword, attempting to move acrobatically around Levin to avoid a counter attack, but fails at that as Levin sees and opening but fails in his attempt to exploit it. The rogue then attacks Levin, but misses completely.

The fifth rogue, seeing an opportunity to flank Levin, steps into a flanking position and pierces him near the kidny, doing damage.

ao'Thuir moves aggressively over the the sixth rogue and cleaves his arm off and impales him, killing him.

Ridik calls out in a commanding voice, "Flee!" to the fifth rogue, who looks terrified.

Attachments

• b1r1.jpg
    b1r1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 124

fuzzy

First Post
Levin, Human PsyWarrior 1, 8/16 hp, focused

Levin attacks R5, using Psionic Weapon

Attack: Longsword +3 1d8+2+2D8 damage 19-20/x2

Remove ads