• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curse of House Thimbrall (orsal judging)

Velmont

First Post
If it is possible, Ridik will try to move to have R6 in bracket without taking an AOO, if it is not possible, he will only move next to him. In his move, he will draw his weapon and attack him.

OOC: +3, 1d6+2 x20 (include bard song)

Animus

Explorer
Nobody without ranks in Psicraft can tell what Boog did (which is the whole rest of the party).

Party Status:
[sblock]
Keth: 5/12 HP

Levin: 8/16 HP, 1/1 PP

Kamdar: 7/7 HP, Spells left- 0:3, 1:4

Jann: 0/5 HP, Spells left- 0:5, 1:3

Ridik: 10/10 HP, Spell Prepared-0: Guidance, Light, Read Magic, 1: Command, Shield of Faith, *Comprehend Language

Boog: 9/9 HP, PP-3

ao'Thuir: 16/22 HP
[/sblock]

Fredlar says, "Xyran said he was in town on business, but I think his business had something to do with you guys. I don't know." He shrugs and says, "Now that I think about it, he did say something about having a long time score to settle, but that's all I can remember. As well, we were supposed to meet up with him a day from now to show our proof, but that obviously won't happen. I don't understand why he wanted such decent folk wasted."

El Jefe

First Post
Boog did his best to take all these revelations in stride. He replied to the man: "Well, that had something to do with a curse his grandfather had put on another man, some long-running feud between the families, I guess. The curse runs from generation to generation, and one of the cursed man's descendants hired us to help lift the curse. We were warned about this Xyran fellow, but hadn't heard him mentioned by name."

He moved as seamlessly as he could back into interrogating the rogue. "So, Fredlar, just where were you supposed to meet this guy with your 'proof''? And how big a cut were each of you supposed to get for taking down a group of strangers?"

Animus

Explorer
Fredlar reples, "We were supposed to meet him at the Morning Wench in the evening in a corner booth. I was supposed to bring back the heads. The pay was going to be real good, 50 gold each. I could have lived like a king for a year off of that. Oh well, guess I won't be getting it. Now that I think about it, I feel real bad about this whole thing. I mean, planning to kill such a nice guy as yourself."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kamdar looks at the others, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I think you are. How exactly do you want to go about this?"

El Jefe

First Post
Boog gave Kamdar a knowing smile. "And what makes you so sure Xyran will be sitting in the corner booth at the Morning Wench when you stroll in there tomorrow evening?", he chuckled. He continued, "Wizards have lots of different ways of knowing things. I wouldn't be too surprised if he knows even now that this little plot of his has failed."

Boog glanced around the little band. "Here's how I see it. Xyran's either tailing us, or he isn't. If he is, he can attack us any time he wants to, or stay just out of our reach as long as he feels the odds are against him.

We probably can't make it back to Orussus by nightfall, so we'll be on our own to defend ourselves tonight, no matter what we do. We can't increase our chances by running.

If he's not tailing us, then he's behind us. We'd have to go back to Orussus to deal with him, and time is running out for Hamlir. Of course, Xyran might be going back to Orussus to finish off Hamlir before the curse can run it's course, but he could have done that any time in the last 20 years, and we've been hired to lift the curse, not act as bodyguards.

But, if we go forward, Xyran would have to either rush to catch up with us, or else hope that we're not a match for the zombies. And after what what's just transpired,
(here Boog glanced at the corpses of the nearest rogues) you have to think that maybe Xyran is having second throughts about that." Boog studied his companion's faces, trying to gauge their reaction to his little speech.

"The way I see it, we have two decisions. The first is whether to go forward and deal with the zombies first, and then Xyran, or to go back and look up Xyran first. My vote is to go forward, but I'll do whatever the rest of you decide.

Our other decision is what to do with the bodies of these fallen. It's not obvious to me that we are so desperate that we can't take the time to deal with them properly. Not to say what anyone passing this way might think of us if they discover that we've left behind a buzzard's feast."

Kamdar:[sblock]This mindlink we have will only last a few more minutes, so I'll make it snappy. We have a third decision to make, too, and that's what to do about Fredlar. I expect that charm I put on him to wear off in about an hour. I'd as soon send him on his way with a few coins to make up for what he lost from Xyran, but I can't match Xyran's price, and if we send him away from where we're going, then he'll be headed straight back to Orussus and Xyran. You might want to discuss it discreetly with the others.[/sblock]

scout989

First Post
Jann Hurst Half-Elf Sorceror1

From his spot of ground a little ways away, Jann pipes in after Boog's speech. "There is another thing to think about, here. There is no reason to assume that Xyran actually intended to meet these thugs, as he said he would. A wizard of power would have little reason to fear their retribution. Besides not wanting to pay the bounty he promised, Xyran may also have figured that, if we survived the attack, we would have a shot to interrogate his thugs, and misdirection is always part of a good magician's repertoire." He shifts painfully, then says "I'm just saying that I don't think we can assume that our new friend here a actually has access to the truth. That said, I do indeed think pushing on is the best option, though I may have to remain behind unless there is someone here with skill in healing magics; as it is, I will not be able to keep up with everyone even at a moderate pace."

Jdvn1

Kamdar gives a sheepish smile, "Well... I guess I don't know much about what Wizards can and can't do. I thought maybe we could hide until he comes by... anyway, yeah.

"I think Xyran probably would not be currently tailing us if he plans to be close to the supposed meeting place. If he were watching us..."
Kamdar looks around, weirded out by the idea, "Well, again, not my area of expertise. Given that we were supposed to go to this castle or whatever, I'm for going in that direction. And I don't think we have time to deal with these bodies."

Boog:[sblock]I'm fine with each of us pitching in for money. He likes us already, so that in conjunction with a little money, would make me guess he won't talk even if he does run into Xyran. Although, again, I don't know what Wizards can do. Once Fredlar is out of earshot, I'll try to discuss it with everyone else.[/sblock]

fuzzy

First Post
Levin, PsyWarrior 1

"We should go ahead and do something about the bodies, then press on to the castle. I don't know what Jann should do though.

Jdvn1

Kamdar shrugs and considers how much time they have, "I suppose it wouldn't take too long just to move them away from the road. I'm okay with that. I don't think we have time for anything proper, though."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads