Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

Allanon

Explorer
This article on slashdot links to a site where the plans for two Star Wars TV series are revealed.
One will be a full 3D animation series (with 30-minute episodes) of the recent Cartoon Network Clone Wars shorts, and the other a live-action series, that will be set in the time between Episodes III and IV, but won't feature the main characters.

So much for Star Wars fading into obscurity. Lucas seems set on keeping the legend alive. He still denies having plans for Star Wars VII, VIII, etc. but I'm willing to bet that as long as Star Wars equals ca$h they will eventually be made.

Allanon

Explorer
I sense a great disturbance in the force...it is almost as if a million voices around the world crying "don't do it, George!" were suddenly ignored.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Allanon said:
I sense a great disturbance in the force...it is almost as if a million voices around the world crying "don't do it, George!" were suddenly ignored.

Nice. :)

This could be a good thing or a bad thing. To me, I had a lot of fun watching the Clone Wars cartoons. Yes, the Jedi powers weren't always consistant, but other than that, it was very entertaining. I dare say I got more of a "Star Wars" fix from that (and the Knights of the Republic game) than I did from the actual new movies.

If he hands the tv shows off to some talented people (with very little mettling from himself - just general direction and that's it), then we might be in for some cool stuff.

We'll see.

Until then, I wait with heavy skepticism.

Heh. I need a much stronger drink than beer.

How about a midichlorian smoothie? ;)

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
*sigh*

Whilst I'm all for a Starwars TV Show I dont see much wisdom in placing it between Ep 3 and 4.

The best bet, IMO, would be basing a series on the X-wing novels.

Frostmarrow

First Post
If the TV-series can sustain a high level of production quality, like Lost, and an interesting script, like Firefly, I think this can be a huge hit!

At least I hope it will be.

fett527

First Post
KenM said:
There was a rumor awhile back that Kevin Smith has something do do with a Star Wars TV show.

I believe that was debunked, but the rumor was there.

This has been out there for awhile and has been on the ENWorld Sci-Fi page more than once.

Remove ads