Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

Templetroll said:
Okay, if the series is set up to show the time between the two trilogies then some of the Jedi survivors go into hiding, (Yoda, Obi-Wan) since they were both out of trouble for a while.

Agreed.

Obi-Wan was a well known recluse, someone Luke knew of as he grew up on Tatooine. That means he is not out there directly facing the Empire.

Though that doesn't preclude him doing the occassional covert op in the early years of his exile. So long as he stays out of Vader's way (in Ep IV, Vader says he hasn't sensed Obi-Wan's presence in a long time), that could work.

Yoda seemed well settled on that swamp world.

Ditto.

The attitude of the one Imperial officer about Vader's Jedi powers shows that the general Imperial fleet has not been facing opposition from Jedi knights. Vader has not been moved to kill subordinates before that time; at least, not by using the Force.

Are you sure about this? In Ep.IV, Governor Tarkin assures Vader that all the Jedi are dead and that he is the last of that breed. But that doesn't mean they all died in RotS. Moreover, when he tells Vader to release the impudent officer from hsi force grip, he doesn't seem shocked at his powers - quite the contrary, I got the impression he was used to yanking Vader's leash when he did this sort of thing.

As for the looks from the Imperial Officers in ESB, they were younger. Moreover, even in the Republic, witnessing Jedi powers would be a rare experience - in a galaxy with a huge Imperial fleet and very, very few force users, its not suprising they'd be suprised.

In any case, they didn't look that surprised to me - more terrified at seeing what they'd be warned to expect.

If any Jedi survive from the movies will have to die as the show progresses, probably early on, or also go into hiding. Vader made note of the Force being used in Ep IV and not having sensed it for a long time. [/qupte]

I agree that any active Jedi have to be dead well before Ep.IV. However, I don't think Vader says the force hasn't been used in a long time - jsut that he hasn't felt Obi-Wan's presence in a long time.

I could see some storyline around the protecting the two children as they grew up. Obi-Wan with Luke, someone else with Leia. This would have to be subtle though, since both places were not on the Sith's radar as possible trouble spots.

My snarky thought is Jedi Jar-Jar, which would give them a new set of action figures to work up. "Use-a the Force-a, .... OOPS!" :\

Agreed.

Remove ads