• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Gentlegamer said:
After the superb Zahn trilogy that set off the current era of non-canon Star Wars stories, the very first Kevin J. Anderson series convinced me that they are best left unread . . .

Blasphemer! You dare look askance at works like the great Glove of Darth Vader series?

Save the whaleadons!

:p

ssampier

First Post
next up

Space Balls II, the Quest for More Money. Let the swartz be with you.

I think the animated series sounds great. I enjoyed the Cartoon Network version and I purchased the Season 1 on DVD.

The live-action version reminds of the holiday special, which I've never seen, but it doesn't sound too good. As for the Ewok specials, I think my grandmother having those, but I thought I dreamed they were anyway related to Star Wars. :confused:

barsoomcore said:
Geez, people. You're just ASKING for trouble with assertions like this.

There IS no bottom, you know. Things CAN keep going downhill without stopping.

Just wait till thousand-post threads go on about how the Star Wars TV show has fallen so far from the glory days of the prequels, begging Lucas to bring back Jake Lloyd. Or hasn't. Or whatever.

Except that if you read what I said in context, it's not an assmuption about the future. Of course things can go downhill. This can always go downhill. And frequently do.

It was basically an "if/then" statement. If Lucas copies JMS, then his stuff will likely be bette than if he does not do so.

Notice, also, that I said "better"; not "good." ;)

satori01 said:
I find (some of your's) lack of faith disturbing.

A pre-planed fixed schedule of a Star Wars TV show featuring underground Jedi and Darth Vader as a reccuring villian, and yet people are sitting there imagining the worst.

Sure, that would be a fine premise for a series.

Show me where we Lucas has said that's what he's doing, though. If he has, I certainly haven't seen it. The series could be about anything that takes place between the two series, and the faith that I lack is the faith that he's going to choose the best option regarding what to base it on.

reveal

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
Sure, that would be a fine premise for a series.

Show me where we Lucas has said that's what he's doing, though. If he has, I certainly haven't seen it. The series could be about anything that takes place between the two series, and the faith that I lack is the faith that he's going to choose the best option regarding what to base it on.

The bigger problem will be Lucas himself. He has a long track record of saying one thing and doing another. So even if he does say it will be about "Plot A," that doesn't mean it will actually be about "Plot A."

Ranger REG

Explorer
reveal said:
The bigger problem will be Lucas himself. He has a long track record of saying one thing and doing another. So even if he does say it will be about "Plot A," that doesn't mean it will actually be about "Plot A."
So... the Prequel is not about Anakin Skywalker turned Darth Vader? What is "Plot B"?

:]

Mouseferatu said:

All we really know from Lucas is that its set between III and IV, there will be 100 episodes planned with him doing the first season, and
Aayla Secura is one of the characters
. We've got nothing else, from Lucas or otherwise, at this point.

smootrk

First Post
Well, since some of the folks who made Star Wars decided to make the original Battlestar Galactica series...

Maybe the guys making the extremely cool, New Battlestar Galactica series can get together and make the new Star Wars television series.

Somehow I think it will do better than Ewoks, or the Christmas special of the past.

Remove ads