Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Well, compare Star Wars to Star Trek...

Star Wars has what, 6 movies. Some downright wacky TV specials. A cartoon or two. 2 RPGs.

Star Trek has had what, 6 movies with the original crew (I think), 4 more with the new crew. 5 different TV series. 3 or 4 RPGs.

I really don't think Lucas can be called money grubbing for wanting a series. Some of the licensing for the movies are downright tacky ( a Darth Maul rubix cube? Gah). But if he really wanted to milk star wars for what it's worth, we would have a lot more movies and such.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Aust Diamondew said:
I think Lucas has become a money grubbing whore.

Edit: maybe I'm being a little harsh...
Perhaps, but if I'm the creator of the Star Wars franchise and I didn't sell it to some corporate film studio like Paramount -- also, I have children to support -- I would do everything in my power to milk the franchise for all its worth.

After all, the middle class always gets the shaft, and I've already been in the poor class most of my childhood. There's no place but a tax-credit rich class (where the Democrats and Republicans go to play).

:]

satori01

First Post
I find (some of your's) lack of faith disturbing.

A pre-planed fixed schedule of a Star Wars TV show featuring underground Jedi and Darth Vader as a reccuring villian, and yet people are sitting there imagining the worst.

By its very nature the show will have to be dark, cause we know the Jedi characters have to die, and we know that more then likely Vader kills them, whats not to like about that.

TV show and budgets are much bigger now, and take much bigger risks, see Farscape, Lost, Alias, BSG, Babylon 5 et al.
Moreover, a network is not going to mess with the show at all. This could be interpreted as a good/bad thing depending upon how involved Lucas gets. I doubt highly George will direct the whole first season, as he has been wanting to do films about the Romans for a long time now.

Remove ads