Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

CrusaderX

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
*sigh*

Whilst I'm all for a Starwars TV Show I dont see much wisdom in placing it between Ep 3 and 4.

The period between Episodes 3 and 4 spans nearly 20 years and is a largely unexplored gap in the overall story, and it follows what will be the last major movie release. If that's not a perfect place to set a major episodic TV show, I don't know what is.

The best bet, IMO, would be basing a series on the X-wing novels.

Been there, done that. I don't think they're interested in re-hashing stories that have already been told.

Taelorn76

First Post
I liked the Clone Wars cartoons, and thought they were well done, so I'll be looking forward to more of those. As for the live action I am torn, I really want to see it, but I worry that Lucas will get to involved and that it will suck. I think it will be hard to do something the size and scope of Star Wars and have it accurately translated to the small screen.

Lucas will be directing the First Season of the Live Action show. Its supposed to be about 100 episodes in total.

There's a very interesting rumor going around about one of the major characters in the TV Series. Do NOT read this if you don't want an at least slightly major spoiler for Revenge of the Sith.

[sblock]Aayla Secura(blue Twi'lek Jedi) is already confirmed to be in the show, and could very well be the character it follows. i.e. She survives RotS.[/sblock]

Arnwyn

First Post
I'm looking forward to this. It is indeed a cash cow, and they should milk it for all they're worth, and give me more Star Wars in the process.

After Episode I and II, they sure as hell can't do much worse.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Lucas will be directing the First Season of the Live Action show. Its supposed to be about 100 episodes in total.

Say what? TV seasons are lucky to be 18-20 episodes long now; Lost has really garnered some attention by actually having 24 (actually 25) episodes in a season, like things used to be done. Does that mean there are 100 total planned? That seems more likely, since if I remember right 100 is the magic number that means you can go into syndication later.

Well, I was all behind the idea of a SW TV series, esp one that covers that era. When I was running Star Wars, that was the era I chose since the PC's would get to see this bright new thing called The Empire slowly crush the life out of the galaxy. They saw the first atrocities in the Outer Rim, they encountered Tarkin just as he was formulating the Tarkin Doctrine or whatever it was called, etc. If George is really going to direct, that pretty much dooms any hope I really had. I can't see him going to a TV schedule, though. That's a very different thing from directing a movie, or so I've been given to understand. Maybe it's not true.

WayneLigon said:
Say what? TV seasons are lucky to be 18-20 episodes long now; Lost has really garnered some attention by actually having 24 (actually 25) episodes in a season, like things used to be done. Does that mean there are 100 total planned? That seems more likely, since if I remember right 100 is the magic number that means you can go into syndication later.

100 Total, with Lucas doing the first season and then backing off.

Its going to be focusing on the supporting characters from the films, though we've only got word on one of them(from the spoiler above) at the moment.

BrooklynKnight said:
The best bet, IMO, would be basing a series on the X-wing novels.
The best bet would be pretending that no Star Wars novels have ever been written.

As for Lucas "making" these shows himself, the article isn't very clear. I'm hoping they've been licensed, the same way the books, comics and video games have. At least then, they have a chance at recapturing the glory of the OT.

Although, from sad experience, I'd say most of the novels, comics and whatnot are a much bigger drain on the sanctity of Star Wars than even the piss-poor new trilogy is.

Remove ads