Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

Taelorn76

First Post
frankthedm said:
More like suck the cash cow dry.

As long as there is decent and enjoyable Star Wars products, be it movies, novels, toys, and now TV shows I will see them, read them, and buy them. Many people complain about what Lucas has done (myself included) but I am still going to hand over my cash.

[force persuade]
You don't need to the money. See the movie 20 times.
[/force persuade]

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I'm looking forward to the new series almost as much as Ep 3. With advances in special effects, and considering that a Lucasfilm TV series could be made pretty much at cost by ILM since Lucas owns them, this has some awesome potential. Consider the level of SFX that ST: TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise had by the end of their runs. Those shows always had good effects and they didn't have an in with ILM in the same way that a SW series would.

Lucas said it would be a 100 episode story arc and then finish. I heard that most of the story would be written in advance and most of it would be shot simultaneously ala LOTR. Nothing would be on the air until Fall of 2006 at the earliest.

If the TV series is a success, Lucas said there is a good chance that future TV series' may explore other time periods including the Old Republic era. A TV series set during the events of KoTOR would totally rock!

Per several quotes, yes, I am sickened and, yes, I will watch. The irony is so thick, though, in that the whole knowledge vs. wisdom debate that rages thru Episodes I & II is largely ignored by Lucas and his people. It would be nice if he got back to the very talent that made Star Wars so cool (i.e.: the ability to tell an engaging story) instead of thinking of all the ways he can pimp the franchise.

Regardless, we will all probably be compelled to watch (and groan) in hopes that somehow this corporate-sponsoring entity that is now Star Wars can produced enterainment at a level of Episodes IV, V, and VI.

On the side, I doubt Yoda would ever align himself with Pespi. Such a path leads to the dark side.

Wolf72 said:
I think they should do a lego version! ... kinda like the xbox lego-starwars game :D
This may(maybe even the 1st), there's a short LEGO Star Wars movie airing on Cartoon Network. Not much info on it, but it seems to be either leading up to Ep III or something about Ep III.

Looks fun. :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Taelorn76 said:
I liked the Clone Wars cartoons, and thought they were well done, so I'll be looking forward to more of those. As for the live action I am torn, I really want to see it, but I worry that Lucas will get to involved and that it will suck. I think it will be hard to do something the size and scope of Star Wars and have it accurately translated to the small screen.
Perhaps, but couldn't they hire a better animator/animation studio than the one that did Samurai Jack?

I mean, Star Wars should at very least rate an animation style equivalent of the Thundercats! cartoon.

driver8

First Post
According to this months Wired (With GL on the cover) hes going to be turning to non SW projects besides the two SW TV shows.

Two other TV shows one about the future, the other about the media; the DVD release of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles; and perhaps several movies, one of which is mentioned concerns the Tuskegee Airmen. Oh yeah and a fourth Indiana Jones movie.

There also a neat Wired flowchart/diagram thingee detailing Lucasarts impact of popular culture, technology, and the entertainment biz.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Sweet!

Even if the series suck, I can look forward to laughing and shaking my head as I get to read more enraged geek "Lucas raped my childhood" rants! :)

Remove ads