Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
arnwyn said:
After Episode I and II, they sure as hell can't do much worse.
I strongly recommend you NOT put money on that assertion. The universe has an entire department scanning for exactly such statements, just so it can prove them wrong. At least, that's been my experience.

Welverin said:
An infinitely less annoying and more tolerable place.
But it just wouldn't be the same...

And that Kevin Smith rumour is very old. Heck, the series isn't even about the period after Jedi, so that's something else to shoot that down. There's nothing at all saying Smith will have anything to do with the TV Series, though I doubt he'd turn it down if he was given the chance.

Welverin

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
But it just wouldn't be the same...

Improvement never is. To say I'm fed up with such idiocy, would be a galacticly huge understatement.

And that Kevin Smith rumour is very old. Heck, the series isn't even about the period after Jedi, so that's something else to shoot that down. There's nothing at all saying Smith will have anything to do with the TV Series, though I doubt he'd turn it down if he was given the chance.

I hope it's not true, the man doesn't seem capabel of doing anything in a timely manner.

Droogie

Explorer
If episodes VII thru IX never get made, I wouldn't mind seeing a series set during that time. The chaos after the fall of an empire would make for some juicy story opportunities.

And yes, I did read the first Zahn book years and years ago. All I remember is that I didn't care for it much. Is it canon?

Staffan

Legend
Droogie said:
And yes, I did read the first Zahn book years and years ago. All I remember is that I didn't care for it much. Is it canon?
AFAIK, there are three levels of officiality regarding Star Wars.
The lowest is "unofficial". I think certain comics are here, as is fan-fiction and such of course.
The middle is "official". Later comics, novels, RPG stuff, and such is here. Basically everything that's "extended universe".
The top tier is "canon." AFAIK, only the movies, the novelizations of the movies, and I vaguely recall something about radio plays based on the movies are here.

The Heir to the Empire trilogy, like other novels, is "official" but not "canon." That basically means that other people who write EU stuff should take them into account, but Lucas reserves the right to ignore or use them as he pleases.

Essentially, anything not debunked by the movies or labelled as "Infinities" is canon. There are different 'levels' but it really just boils down to what whether or not the books/comics/games/etc contradict the movies.

KenM said:
So Lucas says he has a 100 episode story arc? Sounds like he is copying JMS's idea for Babylon 5. That was a set story arc, 5 seasons.

We can only hope. There are far, far worse people to copy than JMS, and far worse shows to copy than B5.

If Lucas is copying JMS, it can only improve his material.

Falkus

Explorer
I personally would like to see the "Thrawn trilogy"

Ditto, too bad the prequels have quite conclusively established that they don't take place in the same universe. Personally, I think Lucas should have just turned the Thrawn trilogy into movies instead of making prequels. I would love to see Grand-Admiral Thrawn's death on the big screen.

Ranger REG said:
Meh. For a moment, I thought Silent Bob from Clerks is going to have a walk-on role in Clone Wars.

Sorry, but they could go a better animation than that.
"Sorry, but they could go an animation I LIKED BETTER than that."

Fixed that for you.

I could go on about the simplicity of form and other babble to justify my preference for the animation of Jack and Clone Wars, but the simple fact is that there is room in the world for multiple animation styles, and you not liking one does not make it inferior.

Remove ads