Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

Joshua Dyal said:
Although, from sad experience, I'd say most of the novels, comics and whatnot are a much bigger drain on the sanctity of Star Wars than even the piss-poor new trilogy is.

Of course, some would disagree with that. :)

Not completely, though, as I still kick myself for actually paying for the Black Fleet Crisis books...

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
After the superb Zahn trilogy that set off the current era of non-canon Star Wars stories, the very first Kevin J. Anderson series convinced me that they are best left unread . . .

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Of course, some would disagree with that. :)
Of course. And there's various ways to disagree. You could think the novels are as good as the original movies. You could think the new movies are as good as the original movies. You could think that the inconsistencies in tone, and heck, even detail about the setting isn't that big of a deal.

fett527

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
...Although, from sad experience, I'd say most of the novels, comics and whatnot are a much bigger drain on the sanctity of Star Wars than even the piss-poor new trilogy is.

Wow. I really should have gotten in those other Star Wars threads.

I'll just say that a lot of the material that was published was good (ex: Zahn), and a lot of it was bad (ex: Truce at Bakura, it hurt to read that book). I do not believe Ep I and II were piss-poor. They did not have the same punch as the original trilogy, but they were enjoyable.

fett527

First Post
arnwyn said:
I'm looking forward to this. It is indeed a cash cow, and they should milk it for all they're worth, and give me more Star Wars in the process...

As am I. More Star Wars=teh good!

myrdden

First Post
Until proven otherwise, I will remain unconvinced that Star Wars will translate well from the Big Screen to television.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Well, I for one am excited. I always thought Star Wars should be made into a live action TV show.

I had always wanted one starring Lando Calrissian set after VI. But this seems decent enough.

Remove ads