Lucas Confirms Star Wars spin-off TV series

Falkus said:
Ditto, too bad the prequels have quite conclusively established that they don't take place in the same universe. Personally, I think Lucas should have just turned the Thrawn trilogy into movies instead of making prequels. I would love to see Grand-Admiral Thrawn's death on the big screen.
That would have generated nearly as big a row as the prequels have done. I already have the "perfect" picture of Thrawn's demise in my head. (Perfect for my mind as I, after all, created it, even more so because I can always alter it to refine it to my current tastes) Unfortunately, that dreadful-looking comic version of the thing tried to taint my mental picture of Thrawn with that awful gangly creature. I was able to excise that image in a way that I would not be able to if an "official" film made a version that was also less than ideal to me.

This is, after all, what has happened with the prequels for many people, only not all of us bothered to envision the particulars of Anakin's youth.

Arnwyn

First Post
barsoomcore said:
I strongly recommend you NOT put money on that assertion. The universe has an entire department scanning for exactly such statements, just so it can prove them wrong. At least, that's been my experience.
:D Touche.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Canis said:
I could go on about the simplicity of form and other babble to justify my preference for the animation of Jack and Clone Wars, but the simple fact is that there is room in the world for multiple animation styles, and you not liking one does not make it inferior.
Perhaps, but when it comes to the Star Wars, that animation style is pretty much inferior.

Just be glad that Matt Groening is not doing Futurama-style Star Wars series for Lucas. :]

Ranger REG said:
Perhaps, but when it comes to the Star Wars, that animation style is pretty much inferior.

Just be glad that Matt Groening is not doing Futurama-style Star Wars series for Lucas. :]
I'd watch it in a second.

See, you've mentioned two well-written series with clean lines as "bad" and named one very, very poorly written series with comic bookish art as good.

That care put into the writing and characterizations may or may not have much to do with the animation per se but it is an interesting co-variable.

ShrinkyLink

First Post
I was just wondering if there had ever been any other Lucasfilm inspired live action television series. Maybe we could get an idea of the quality we can expect from that?

Oh, right.

Young Indiana Jones.

Reaching for absinthe now.....

ShrinkyLink said:
I was just wondering if there had ever been any other Lucasfilm inspired live action television series. Maybe we could get an idea of the quality we can expect from that?

Oh, right.

Young Indiana Jones.

Reaching for absinthe now.....
Dude, the Young Indy series was great.

Pants

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Sorry, but they could go a better animation than that.
Animation? You mean art style right, cause the animation in Clone Wars was generally pretty fluid and well done...

The art style, on the other hand, I didn't much care for...

Remove ads