Erik designed the Century Worm?

Simplicity

Explorer
Reading Erik Mona's blog, I learned a piece of information that I'm not sure I wanted to know...

Erik designed the Century Worm...

Now, I'm greatly looking forward to the Adventure Path 2, and I've heard great things about it... But seriously, I gotta know what the heck was going through your mind when this monster was designed.

Wait. That's not what I mean. Ummm...

What I mean is: (Trying not to annoy Eric N.'s Grandma...) Was it intentional? IYKWIMAITYD?

I mean I guess it does seem rather primordial and all... but I just can't see myself ever using the Century Worm because I couldn't describe it without my players falling over in tears with laughter.

Edit: Here's a picture for those of you who don't have the Fiend Folio:
50103.jpg

Last edited:

Erik Mona

Adventurer
The thing that sucks about the century worm is that they managed to basically ruin it in two easy steps:

1) Ignore the art reference I sent with the submission, which would have made the monster look like a big creepy maggot.
2) Cut a short paragraph of "fluff" that would have given the creature a hook and a reason to actually be used.

So yeah, I designed the century worm, but I didn't draw it and I can't really vouch for the boring nature of the finished creature.

Sometimes freelance writing is a bit of a crapshoot.

--Erik Mona
http://www.superunicorn.com/erik

Simplicity

Explorer
Erik Mona said:
1) Ignore the art reference I sent with the submission, which would have made the monster look like a big creepy maggot.
So yeah, I designed the century worm, but I didn't draw it and I can't really vouch for the boring nature of the finished creature.

It does still creep me out... Just for other reasons. :uhoh:

Thanks for the info, Erik.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I thought this thing was just a joke. You mean it was supposed to be serious?

It's a penis-like worm that shoots sperm for gawd's sake!! How could the editor not realize that?!?

frankthedm

First Post
Well, where is this paragragh of descriptive text? Got a Jpeg of that sketch?

It MIGHT be redeemable, if those are provided.

Simplicity

Explorer
der_kluge said:
I thought this thing was just a joke. You mean it was supposed to be serious?

It's a penis-like worm that shoots sperm for gawd's sake!! How could the editor not realize that?!?

Yeah... I thought WotC was trying to be "edgy" by having a primordial phallic monster or something. I couldn't figure it out either.

Remove ads