• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erik designed the Century Worm?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
der_kluge said:
Wasn't there a thread on this somewhere else on these boards? I seem to recall there being some amount of hatred involved, and some revenge on the part of someone who was leaving the company. I'll have to search for that.

That speculation may have occurred when Anthony Valterra left to start Valar.

Simplicity

Explorer
DaveMage said:
That speculation may have occurred when Anthony Valterra left to start Valar.

That's exactly why I brought up the topic before in the previous thread. Because WotC was cracking down on sex in d20 products... Right after they dropped this guy on us. It was just kind of odd to me.

I REALLY didn't want to get into that though. Mere mention of the BoEF usually leads to thread catastrophe.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Simplicity said:
I REALLY didn't want to get into that though. Mere mention of the BoEF usually leads to thread catastrophe.
The BoEF is to ENWorld what the "trump card" in Godwin's law is to USENET.

--The Sigil

Tewligan

First Post
Erik Mona said:
The thing that sucks about the century worm is that they managed to basically ruin it in two easy steps:

1) Ignore the art reference I sent with the submission, which would have made the monster look like a big creepy maggot.
2) Cut a short paragraph of "fluff" that would have given the creature a hook and a reason to actually be used.
Geez, sounds like the century worm really got the shaft.
(Cough, cough)

Felon

First Post
Simplicity said:
Almost as much as the Desmodu...

Hate the picture, like the gadgets, like the race in general but the "runs twice as fast when hands empty" bit ought to go, as it's rather clunky). Would make a great player race if it had fewer hit dice and wasn't large-sized.

Erik Mona said:
"Were a century worm intelligent enough to distinguish between right and wrong it would most assuredly be evil. Instead, the worm merely does what comes instinctively, which generally involves vast destruction and bloodshed. A chaos-loving cult of misanthropic luddites known as the Five-Score Consortium worships century worms as living gods, often nurturing the corpse-incubators of former victims to ensure safe delivery. The Consortium greatly enjoys burying century worm victims in city cemeteries, knowing that the grandchildren of the cult will live to see great chaos erupt from a long-forgotten grave."
There's an awful lot of double-entendres in that thar paragraph. Maybe it got cut on purpose when they saw the artwork that came back? All those references to "doing what comes" and "erupting" looks really bad next to a picture of a giant leaky penis.

Remove ads