• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erik designed the Century Worm?

Simplicity

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
For the record, if anyone's penis actually looks like the picture of the Century Worm, see a doctor ASAP. :confused:

What, they don't all have fangs? Maybe mine's "dire"...
Or perhaps "legendary".

Simplicity

Explorer
BTW, apologies to Erik if the thread is hitting any nerves. I realize it's annoying to have people bash your work (especially if you think it got mucked with by someone), and I hope he's taking the comments in good fun...

Erik Mona

Adventurer
"Were a century worm intelligent enough to distinguish between right and wrong it would most assuredly be evil. Instead, the worm merely does what comes instinctively, which generally involves vast destruction and bloodshed. A chaos-loving cult of misanthropic luddites known as the Five-Score Consortium worships century worms as living gods, often nurturing the corpse-incubators of former victims to ensure safe delivery. The Consortium greatly enjoys burying century worm victims in city cemeteries, knowing that the grandchildren of the cult will live to see great chaos erupt from a long-forgotten grave."

I've got the reference sitting around here somewhere. I think I might blog about this, actually.

--Erik Mona
http://www.superunicorn.com/erik

Simplicity

Explorer
Erik Mona said:
"Were a century worm intelligent enough to distinguish between right and wrong it would most assuredly be evil. Instead, the worm merely does what comes instinctively, which generally involves vast destruction and bloodshed. A chaos-loving cult of misanthropic luddites known as the Five-Score Consortium worships century worms as living gods, often nurturing the corpse-incubators of former victims to ensure safe delivery. The Consortium greatly enjoys burying century worm victims in city cemeteries, knowing that the grandchildren of the cult will live to see great chaos erupt from a long-forgotten grave."

So its lifecycle was supposed to be more like maggots (without a fly stage)... When it's tied with the dead more, it does sound a little better...

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Hey....

"Erik designed the Century Worm"

That scans pretty dang well to:

"Video killed the Radio Star"

Coincidence? I think not. Erik is clearly sending us subliminal signals. I wonder what happens if I read the monster description backwards?

Henry

Autoexreginated
BiggusGeekus said:
Coincidence? I think not. Erik is clearly sending us subliminal signals. I wonder what happens if I read the monster description backwards?

You go blind. :p

Simplicity

Explorer
There was a monster back in 2002.
What's that it's spitting? It some weird kind of goo...
Are you sure that's what it's supposed to do?
Oh-a-oh.

It that a penis?

Oh-a-oh.

What size category is it?

Erik designed the Century Worm.
Erik designed the Century Worm.

I found it in the Fiend Folio
I surprised it wasn't done by Phil Foglio...

Remove ads