The Secret Scion - accepting alternates

Rystil Arden

First Post
Should we work out what we want via e-mail? (I'd guess otherwise a secret would not stay secret very long ;))

Since I'm the guinea pig, is there something that you would suggest I pick? Anyhow, I have your e-mail address, so I can send you one if you like :)

lotuseater

Explorer
no problem. i will get on that today.

as for an item, i think that whatever kazan was transporting to his employer at the time of the ambush would be the item. if you have a good idea of what that should be, feel free to come up with it, but if you prefer me to come up with the item myself, then i will think of a few possibilities.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I didn't change any of my defaults or tags. I just copied Isida's format, changed some things, and pasted in back and then it went crazy :(
You and formatting don't agree very well, do they?

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Time to clean out the caches and defrag the hard drive... ;)

Bront - I need you to take yours out of the code block and put it in my format.

lotuseater - Your character sheet is almost good excect for the fact you do not have any of the bolding, underlining, or italicizing that I specified. Could you fix that please?

Blue Sky - Where are you dude?

And I need one more thing from everyone else... what you want! Everyone gets something special related to their reason to run. It could be an item, some valuable information, a special knowledge, a secret, a powerful contact, or something else. Please let me know what suits your character the best. :)
I like my code blocks :(

Oh well, I hope to get around to it tonight.

As for what I'd want, I think something that let me change my clothing or look might be cool, and something she might have grabbed. But, I could see her also/instead having some sort of knowledge about things her "father" planned to do (or perhaps had already done) that might be harmful if it ever got out, though that sounds too much like blackmail. Short of her grabbing something by accident (Perhaps her favorite hairbrush has some secret plans in it), I don' t know what she might have grabbed directly related to her running (the clothing change item is more of something she'd grab in order to run), but I'm open to whatever you feel is appropriate. Her not exactly knowing why it's significant seems kind of fun too.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rystil, please do e-mail me.

lotuseater [sblock]The package you carried from Principalities to Sharn was a long and thin wooden box about eighteen inches long. After you were nearly killed, you eventually opened the box to see if what was inside could help you survive the aftermath of your betrayal. It proved to a unique and elegant long dagger. An ebon hilt was decorated with bands of gold, and more gold formed the quillions and decorated the blade. Strange runic traceries extended down the length of the blade. The holes within it made it make a curious humming sound when it was thrust through the air. It proved to be exceedingly well-balanced and quite sharp. A name was formed in the runes in a round, Elven script, "Bloodsong." Game information - +1 dagger, on a critical hit the subject must make a Will save (DC = attack roll) or be dazed for one round due to the strange song the blade sings. He thinks it may do other things, but he's not sure. Some strange things have happened, but he hasn't been able to reproduce them.[/sblock]

Bront [sblock]When Melfina ran, her mother pressed on her a sealed box and told her it was "for luck." When she finally opened it, she found something that superficially resembled a dragonshard. However, instead of Syberis-gold, Eberron-red, or Kyber-black, this was an evershifting hue, washing over the shard like waves in the sea. When Mel concentrated on it, she found it showed an ever-changing series of images. When she was able to find one that she desired, the gem was able to grant it to her... in a fashion. This gem is apparently very chaotic, and though it may be able to grant one their desires, the way in which it happens is predictable. If one wished a change of clothes, their clothes might change by illusion, change in reality, or they might get mugged, stripped naked, and then manage to steal some clothes from a tailor a block away. If you desire knowledge, you may overhear it, uncover a thrown-out scroll, or get captured and told it while you're being sacrificed to a demon. It is a capricious gift. Also it seems that it gets more capricious if its abilities are called on often. If you call upon it once a day, it may try to grant one's desire in a relatively straightforward fashion. But the more demanding and insistant one is in asking things of the gem, the more random and bizarre its gifts become.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool, noted and added to my sheet, which has been reformated.

BTW, your example Sheet is missing a place to note your sex. Likely because it was a warforged ;)

Someone

Adventurer
And I need one more thing from everyone else... what you want! Everyone gets something special related to their reason to run. It could be an item, some valuable information, a special knowledge, a secret, a powerful contact, or something else. Please let me know what suits your character the best

I´ve been thinking on several possibilities, but what I believe is the best could be related to Harolk´s cousin, Silas. Harolk doesn´t know what was he into before dissapearing becoming a DM´s ace in the sleeve, but since Harolk is his only close relative he can use his house and little business. Maybe the house has built a simple protcetion against scrying magic, like thin sheets of lead in the walls, that could explain why Harolk hasn´t been found by house Thuranny yet.

I don´t know what you have planned, but something to live in could be useful to the whole group if we´re going to stay in Sharn for some time.

Erekose13

Explorer
A few ideas regarding items:
the book of madness...
a dragonshard item
something else stolen from a cultist leader's private stash

Really there is nothing in particular that he is looking for, so I'll leave the creative stuff to you, the above are just the most likely locations/items he would have taken.

One other thing I was thinking of last night that I would like him to be able to is summon pseudonatural creatures as per the Alienist PrC, just a thought.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Someone [sblock]When you ran you tried to find Silas and found him rather very much not there, you did some exploring of course. Curiously, in a small box in the guest room, you found a ring with a tag on it, your name printed on it in bold letters. It wasn't too much to look at, smooth, made of lead, with hematite "gems" studding it all around. However, you haven't been found yet, so it seems to be a good luck charm at least. Game terms - continuous nondetection[/sblock]
Erekose13 [sblock]When fleeing the Cult of the Dragon Below, you took one of the more ornate holy books with you. It is triangular-shaped, with green leather streched on a wooden frame. Inside it has parchment pages written in a myriad of ink colors and writing styles. On the cover it has an imprint remeniscent of a Khyber dragonshard in glossy black paint. It is only as big as a palm, but what knowledge inside! It speaks of the realms of Xoriat in maddening detail, and even includes strange pictures that seem to change every time you look at them. It also has some elegant philosophy of chaos, the destruction of all things and the madness that preceeds it. However, the book also had a strange and peculiar "passenger." When you gathered it up, a lump of something warm dropped from the book and crawled onto your arm, where it remains attached to this day. It introduced itself mentally as a "Voice of Those From Beyond This World," and said it would serve as a "Companion, Guard, and Guide." It sees what you see, offers advice, and can even cast spells on your behalf. Game terms, the book provides the necessary information to eventually become an Alienist, in addition to the talking, spellcasting, parasitic lump on your arm.[/sblock]

Remove ads