The Secret Scion - accepting alternates

Erekose13

Explorer
I put up Hxaptös' initial attitude were he to find himself in a crowded tavern. I also added a bit of a combat tactics thing just in case.

Re: Mage Priest, sounds good. I'll aim for the Know (religion, magic) 5, Know (the planes) 8, and I already have the Priest feat. While he has no following yet, the dragonmark that resembles the holy symbol of the cult will surely help as will his leather armor when dealing with other cultists. Removed Know (ceremony) and added those to his other skills.

Someone

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Also, due to the fact that most, though not all, of you came here to hide, please put a "how you present yourself to the world" kind of thing at the bottom of your sheet. If your character walked into a crowded tavern would he go right to the bar and order a drink? Sit in a shadowy corner and try not to attrack attention? Start a bar fight? Try just to mingle and seem like an average patron?

Done. Note that I´ve used sblock tags on most of the background to help keep the thread shorter and more usable in game; I don´t believe you have problems with that.

Otherwise, Harolk is ready.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Gentlemen and Ladies, Someone and Erekose 13 have their characters in the correct format. Bront and Rystil, you do not. To make it easier, quote my sample character, remove the quote tags and the character-specific information, then put your own in.

Also, due to the fact that most, though not all, of you came here to hide, please put a "how you present yourself to the world" kind of thing at the bottom of your sheet. If your character walked into a crowded tavern would he go right to the bar and order a drink? Sit in a shadowy corner and try not to attrack attention? Start a bar fight? Try just to mingle and seem like an average patron?
Yikes, I actually copied and pasted directly from yours, and then tried for a very long time to get it to look the same. I'm fairly sure it is all identical save for the fact that the size refuses to fix. No matter what size I put in there, it turns big, and I just don't know how to stop it :(

Erekose13

Explorer
Rystil, click Quote on my post, remove the quote tags at the begining and end then copy the following:

Araynia “Rayni”
Elf Warlock 1
Medium Humanoid
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: None. Araynia has a respect for the Undying Court, though the deathless elves are not really a deity.
Region: Aerenal
Height: 5'
Weight: 94 lbs
Skin: Pale

Hair: Golden
Eyes: Amethyst Violet

Action Points: 5

Str: 6 (-2) [0 points, -2 racial] (or 8 if not using Gray Elf)
Dex: 16 (+3) [6 points, +2 racial]
Con: 14 (+2) [10 points, -2 racial] (or 12 if not using Gray Elf)
Int: 16 (+3) [6 points, +2 racial] (stays the same either way, having shifted 4 points from Con)
Wis: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Cha: 16 (+3) [10 points]

Class and Racial Abilities: Eldritch Blast 1d6, 1 Least Invocation, +2 Dex, -2 Con +2 Int (maybe), -2 Str (maybe), Immune to Sleep, +2 vs Enchantment, Low-Light Vision, Weapon proficiencies, +2 Listen, Search, Spot.

Hit Dice: 1d6+2
HP: 8
AC: 20 (+0 Dex, +8 composite plating, +2 shield) Touch – 10, Flat-footed – 18
ACP:
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +2 [0 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +3 [+0 base, +3 Dex]
Will +1 [+2 base, -1 Wis]

BAB: +0
Melee Atk: -2 (1d8-2 19-20/x2 Longsword)
Ranged Atk: +3 (1d6 20/x2 Eldritch Blast)

Skills:
Bluff +13 [4 ranks, +3 Cha, +6 Beguiling Influence]
Concentration +6 [4 ranks, +2 Con]
Diplomacy +13 [4 ranks, +3 Cha, +6 Beguiling Influence]
Intimidate +9 [0 ranks, +3 Cha, +6 Beguiling Influence]
Knowledge:Religion +6 [1 rank, +3 Int, +2 Knows-Lots-About-Religion Bonus]
Sense Motive +2 [3 ranks, -1 Wis]
Use Magic Device +7 [4 ranks, +3 Cha]

Feats:
Aberrant Dragonmark (1st level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Riedran, Quor, Draconic

Invocations
DC +3
Least- Beguiling Influence

Equipment

Wearing or carrying at hand
Longsword – 15gp (4 lbs)
Studded Leather Armour – 25gp (20 lbs)
Waterskin – 1gp (4 lbs)
Trail Rations (1 day) – 5 sp (1 lb)
Flint and Steel – 1 gp (--)

In or on containers
Backpack - 2gp (2 lbs)

Total weight carried – 29 lbs, medium load.

Money
56.5 gp
~~~~~

Appearance:
Araynia is a beautiful but conflicted young elf of Aerenal, with long lovely golden hair, and friendly violet eyes. Her skin is perhaps a bit paler than it should be, but this serves to make her appear more delicate and beautiful, in tandem with her light hair—she almost appears to be a perfect porcelain doll. She has a quick and ready smile for her friends and new acquaintances, and some consider it to be supernaturally winning—even skilled diplomats have trouble saying no to Rayni when she flashes her smile and asks nicely.

Personality: Araynia is friendly and kindhearted, but she is deeply conflicted by the darkness within her, of which she cannot find a source. She fears one day that it may overwhelm her, and the thought chills her to the bone. Nonetheless, she hides her fear behind a ready smile and a charming personality, making friends easily—always asking her new friend to call her 'Rayni' . However, there are few who reach beyond a superficial friendship with her, as she tries to hide her deepest thoughts from everyone—even herself.

Background: Araynia always felt a little different, which was difficult for her on the tradition-steeped island of Aerenal. Nonetheless, she tried to work around the strangeness she felt in her heart through kindness and friendship. But one day, the welling darkness inside herself manifested itself in a destructive blast of violet energy, striking forth at her friend Vyrdian D'Jhaelian and causing him a serious injury. Unable to understand this new power of Rayni's in a way that fit with their notions of the arcane and unwilling to listen to Rayni's pleas that it had been an accident, the angered family of Vyrdian pressured Rayni's extended family to exile her from Aerenal, declaring her a waste of the precious space on the sacred land, citing her aberrant Dragonmark as proof that she had been warped by Khyber and should be cast aside like a worthless animal.

However, when she reached Khorvaire, things only became worse for Rayni, as she began to be hunted by unknown assailants. Realising that she had little chance to escape her assailants in the open wilderness, she fled to Sharn, the fabled City of Towers. She knew almost nothing about the place, but if it was even half as big as she had heard, she figured that should be able to lose her pursuers in the countless masses—unless they have some magical means of tracking her!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanks so much! I actually copied yours and at first it didn't work, but I tried it three times and the last time it worked. Very weird. Any idea why vbulletin hates me? :(

Erekose13

Explorer
Not a clue. What are your default editor settings? Dont know if that has anything to do with it at all. The stuff I edited out were a couple of errant Bold tags, and all the stuff about Times New Roman fonts and Sizes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Not a clue. What are your default editor settings? Dont know if that has anything to do with it at all. The stuff I edited out were a couple of errant Bold tags, and all the stuff about Times New Roman fonts and Sizes.
I didn't change any of my defaults or tags. I just copied Isida's format, changed some things, and pasted in back and then it went crazy :(

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Time to clean out the caches and defrag the hard drive... ;)

Bront - I need you to take yours out of the code block and put it in my format.

lotuseater - Your character sheet is almost good excect for the fact you do not have any of the bolding, underlining, or italicizing that I specified. Could you fix that please?

Blue Sky - Where are you dude?

And I need one more thing from everyone else... what you want! Everyone gets something special related to their reason to run. It could be an item, some valuable information, a special knowledge, a secret, a powerful contact, or something else. Please let me know what suits your character the best. :)

Remove ads