Level: Druid 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: v, s, m or df
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: personal
Target: you plus up to 20 lbs of objects/level
Duration: instantaneous
Saving Throw: none
Spell Resistance: no

You must be within 100 feet of a substantial body of water (lake, large river, or ocean) in order to cast this spell. A pillar of water rises up out of the waves, taking on the aspect of a fearsome dragon, and plunges down upon you, swallowing you up and then breaking upon the hard earth. When the water is gone, you have disappeared. You may reappear at any place to which you have been before or whose location is obvious (ie, "three hundred miles due west), as long as your destination borders on the same body of water and is within 100 miles per caster level as the fish swims.

Arcane Material Component: A glass bead.

Anger of the Earth
transmutation
Level: Druid 3
Components: v, s, df
Range: Middlingly Shortish (50' +5'/caster level)
Target: A number of creatures on the ground not exceeding half your caster level, all of whom must be in the same general direction
Duration: instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex negates.
Spell Resistance: yes

You cause earth, trees, stone, wood, and water to suddenly rise up in a wave of sharp spikes which rushes away from you and impales your targets. Those who fail their reflex save are knocked prone and take 1d6 points of piercing damage per caster level (max 10d6). Casting this spell leaves a rent trench in the material which the wave passes through one foot wide and two feet deep, and may result in crumbling towers, toppling trees, and sinking ships. You may not target enemies standing on metal or in the air.

---

Whaddya think? Especially Anger of the Earth; I'm not sure where to place it, power-wise... level 3 was just a guess. It's certainly more limited than Flame Strike in terms of raw combat effectiveness (less range, limited targetting, lower damage cap, save to negate), but does have distinct advantages: the knocking prone of enemies, for one. I'm pretty sure that piercing damage is inferior to divine/fire. But then there's the fact that it's really got potential to do nasty things with the scenery. Enemy archer perched in a tree? Send Anger of the Earth through the trunk.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Not sure of the balance of these. I'll tell you right now though that I really like the concept of these spells. Definetely plan to use them in my homebrew.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ride the Sea Dragon: Equal to tree stride, and thus should be Drd 5, Rgr 4. Way better than dimension door (Sor/Wiz 4).

Anger of the Earth: Mmm. I hate the mechanics, because this effect is just too good. Compare to fireball (1d6/level, but deals energy damage, and you can't pick your targets).

Consider this instead:

Anger of the Earth
Evocation [Earth]
Level: Drd 6
Components: V, S, DF
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped spread
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: No

You cause earth, trees, stone, wood, and water to suddenly rise up in a wave of sharp spikes which rushes away from you and impales anything within 10 ft. of the ground, or under it. Creatures who fail their reflex save are knocked prone and take 10d6 points of piercing damage, while structures suffer 1d8/level damage (max 20d8).

-- N

Remove ads