Eberron: Forging Fury [Full and Live]

Ringmereth

First Post
And here's the character sheet:

Agarndas
Race: Warforged
Class: Necromancer 1 (Illusion and Enchantment prohibited)
Hit Dice: 1d4+3, 7 HP
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 feet
AC: 15 (+2 armor +3 dex)
Touch: 13
Flat-footed: 12
BAB/Grapple: +0/+0
Attack: Heavy Crossbow +3 (1d10, 19-20 x2), Quarterstaff +0 (1d6), Slam +0 (1d4)
Full Attack: Heavy Crossbow +3 (1d10, 19-20 x2), Quarterstaff +0 (1d6), Slam +0 (1d4)
Face/Reach: 5x5/5 ft
Special Attacks: Spells
Special Qualities: Familiar, Warforged Traits
Saves: Con +3, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 9
Skills: 20 pts: Concentration +7 [4], Decipher Script +5 [2], Knowledge (arcana) +7 [4], Knowledge (local) +6 [3], Knowledge (religion) +6 [3], Spellcraft +7 [4]
Feats: Scribe Scroll, Improved Initiative
Languages: Common
Alignment: Neutral
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 254 lbs
Diety: None
Action Points: 5

Spells:
Memorized
0: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Repair Light Damage
Known
0: All (except Illusion and Enchantment)
1st: Identify, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Repair Light Damage, Shield, True Strike
Save DCs
0: 13
1st: 14

Inventory:
Quarterstaff
Heavy Crossbow (50)
Bolts x20 (2)
Backback (2)
Spell Component Pouch (5)
Spellbook
Torches x5 (.05)
Flint and Steel (1)
Parchment x5 (1)
Vial of Ink (8)
Inkpen (.1)
10 gp, 8 sp, 5 cp

Biography: Agarndas, formerly known as F-92, emerged from the bowels of House Cannith five years ago, during the latter part of the Last War. He was assigned to a unit, called the Forgekeepers, with the responsibility of magically maintaining and repairing Warforged Titans. Rarely exposed to people of flesh and blood, his experince during the war was one of constant contact with fellow Warforged, from fellow Forgekeepers, who he quickly bonded with, to frontline commanders and warriors. His only contact with humans and other organic races was during occasional inspections from politicans and commanders. By the end of the Last War, the only beings he identified with were fellow creatures of metal and wood. All the same, he was thrust out of the employ of House Cannith and into Sharn, and a new world.

While the first days following his dismissal were disorienting and frightening, he quickly began to learn about the world of humanoids. He observed them with interest, noting their weaknesses: their fragile bodies that wither and die of age, their conflicts within their own races and groups, and their inexplicable hatred for things and ideas of their own making-such as himself. Their distaste for reminders of the war, such as his fellow Warforged, served no practical purpose, especially when considering that blame for the war rests squarely on their shoulders, not his.

The Warforged began making a study of humanoids and, in particular, their relation to the magic he had formerly worked to repair Titans. While most of his work involved observing humans-he favored making trips into criminal-infested parts of Sharn-he also began studying their bodies. While he found it odd that, after so many years of killing each other by the thousands, the city frowned so heavily on the death of a single man or woman, he avoided trouble by searching sewers and allys for corpses. In doing so, he encountered numerous interesting persons, living and dead, including another wizard (though not of mechanical origin) who found him examining a body. The man, a necromancer, taught the Warforged basic spells relating to life and death in organic beings. While Agarndas was no closer to understanding humans after the experince, he found his newfound magic interesting nonetheless. The necromancer gave him a second, equally important gift-his name, Agarndas, meaning 'Flesh-forge' in Quori. The Warforged adopted this name for himself in place of his old designation.

The warforged managed to perform his research undisturbed in the lowest parts of the City of Towers until he was found one night by the city guard while magically blasting a dead body, formerly owned by a member of the guard. He was hauled off to prison-a source of puzzlement to him, as it was plainly obvious that the man was already quite dead, and therefore no longer in need of his body-and spent several weeks there before he was scheduled to be transported to a more secure location. In a freak lightning rail accident, though, the ligher-than-normal carriage lost control and crashed only a few miles outside the city. Agarndas escaped unharmed, retrieved his possessions from an injured sentry, and ran away. He eventually found a small town, where he stayed in hiding and continued his observations of humanity. Several weeks later, he heard a summons from the east. Since his supply of interesting persons in the town was running thin and he suspected that the guard in Sharn would sooner or later track him down, he decided to heed the call.

Appearance: Agarndas has an average body for a warforged. Due to his status as a support unit, his composite plating is of ordinary steel and wood. His body still is covered (mostly) in white paint, an indication of his support role, but it has begun to wear off after countless days scouring the sewers of Sharn for bodies. He stands slightly shorter than most of his fellows, and has eyes that glow an unusually dark shade. He carries a sack containing his material wealth-his spellbook, a few relics of the war, and some coin.

Last edited:

d'Anconia

Explorer
Kerrz,
Sorry about that. Like I said, it was an idea I thought up and fleshed out at work today, without any real access to any of my gaming materials or time to read up on this at wizards.com. I'll rework my background tonight and post a revised history (promise I'll be better informed this time :))

Although, I'm not sure how my character would be able to coexist with a LE Necromancer, so I might just scrap the Paladin idea all together and come up with another fighter-type that's less of a goody-two-shoes to keep any intraparty strife to a minimum!

Last edited:

Timeboxer

Explorer
I was about to mention the whole Paladin/Necromancer thing.

By the way, I've worked out what I'm going to make -- I think I'm going to go for a fighter/wizard type. She'll probably have been one of the talented warforged to have undergone training and fitted with special materials in Cyre to become a Spellcarved Soldier, but the tragedy that turned the nation into the Mournland interrupted her training. One of her main motivations is to learn how to unite the art of magic and the art of battle, so that she can finally earn a place in the organization that she thinks of as hers by birthright. Or possibly forgeright. While she does value her own martial abilities, the devastation of Cyre and the death of most of her fellow friends and trainees taught her that the greatest battle is the fight for peace; as a result, since her exile she's made herself available as a sellsword to those she is confident have the interests of Khorvaire in mind, and she has a deep investment in preventing the loss of innocent lives.

Anyway, Kerrz, if that sounds okay -- roll the dice for me. Hopefully it won't be too terrible to break the concept.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
And if we get there-havn't TWO Spellcarved Soldiers wouldn't be a bad thing...cause, um, I was hoping to take North that way. It would be cool seeing two who got there by different Paths

Ringmereth

First Post
Is there any logical reason why they can't learn languages? I sure can't think of any, but if that's the rules, I'll get rid of those. Doesn't make much sense, though.

Timeboxer

Explorer
Well, warforged can learn languages, but they don't start having learned any; considering that they were made for battle, there probably was no reason for them to need to. It's also one of the (admittedly exceedingly small) balancing factors for the race.

Kerrz

First Post
Ringmereth said:
Is there any logical reason why they can't learn languages? I sure can't think of any, but if that's the rules, I'll get rid of those. Doesn't make much sense, though.
Bonus languages are learned by smart little Dwarves and Humans while they're growing up. Warforged have a matter of months in which to learn all of the skills which a standard first level character takes 20 years (for a human) to 110 years (for an elf) to learn. Their trainers only speak common. When do they have time during their formative years to learn a whole new language, and why would they be taught one?

Besides... "Select your character's bonus languages (if any) from the list found in his or her race's description" and for Warforged "Bonus Languages: None"

Amy: 16/16/14/11/10/10 (33pts) Gonna be a hard press for a fighter/mage, but if you put the 11 in con, you'll come out with 13.

Bront

The man with the probe
Kerrz said:
Amy: 16/16/14/11/10/10 (33pts) Gonna be a hard press for a fighter/mage, but if you put the 11 in con, you'll come out with 13.
Those are fairly nice for a fighter/mage actualy. 16 in Int and either Dex or Str, depending on how you're going, with 10 in wis and cha, you'll end up with 2 8s, but that's not that horendus, and the 14 and 11 can go in the other physical stat and Charisma. Gives you a fighter/mage with little common sense or personality, but that fits a warforged fairly well.

Timeboxer

Explorer
Bront said:
Those are fairly nice for a fighter/mage actualy. 16 in Int and either Dex or Str, depending on how you're going, with 10 in wis and cha, you'll end up with 2 8s, but that's not that horendus, and the 14 and 11 can go in the other physical stat and Charisma. Gives you a fighter/mage with little common sense or personality, but that fits a warforged fairly well.

That's exactly what I'd decided on, actually -- probably be STR-based and then go Spellsword to reduce ASF before Spellcarved Soldier. I think she's going to be reticent and hard to know, but have a complicated inner life and deep thoughts. ...I have the feeling I can tell what her relationship with the bard is going to be. >.>

Remove ads