Code:
Name: Wander	Player: Amy Kou'ai
Class and Level: Fighter 1
Race: Human	Alignment: Chaotic Good		Deity: N/A
Allegiances: Cyre, House Cannith, Spellcarved Soldiers
Size: M		Age: 3		Gender: Female
Height: 6'0"	Weight: 278 lbs.

Str: 16 +3      Level: 1        XP: 0
Dex: 11 +0      BAB: +1         HP: 13 (1d10+3)
Con: 16 +3      Grapple: +1     DR: 2/Adamantine
Int: 16 +3      Speed: 20'      AP: 5
Wis:  8 -1      Init: +1        Spell Save: +3
Cha:  8 -1      ACP: -5         Spell Fail: 35%

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:       10    +8    +0    +0    -      -     +0    18
Touch: 10              Flatfooted: 18

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:              +2    +3          +5
Ref:               +0    +0          +0
Will:              +0    -1          -1

Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical
Greatsword              +4       2d6+4      19-20/x2
Slam                    +4       1d4+4            x2

Languages: Common

Abilities:
RACIAL (WARFORGED)
· Living Construct Traits
· Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease,
  nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause
  the sickened condition, and energy drain.
· Light Fortification (Ex): When a critical hit or
  sneak attack is scored on a warforged, there is
  a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak
  attack is negated and damage is instead rolled
  normally.

CLASS
· None

Feats: Adamantine Body, Power Attack

Skill Points: 20       Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Concentration               2    +3   +0     +5
Craft (Weaponsmithing)      4    +3   +2     +9
Jump                        4    +3   -5     +2
Knowledge (Arcana)          2    +3   +0     +5
Spellcraft                  2    +3   +0     +5

Equipment:               Cost   Weight
Explorer's Outfit         0 gp  0.0 lb
Greatsword               50 gp	8.0 lb

Backpack                  2 gp  2.0 lb
Identification Papers     2 gp  0.0 lb
Traveling Papers          2 sp  0.0 lb
Masterwork Smith's Tools 55 gp  5.0 lb

Total Weight: 15 lb     Money: 135 gp 8 sp 0 cp

Lgt   Med   Hvy   Lift   Push
Max Weight:          76   153   230    460   1150

Background: Wander was manufactured shortly before the end of the war, one of the few special warforged who were outfitted with the silver tracery necessary to join the elite Cyran Spellcarved Soldiers. She spent several months training in the city of Making with several of her fellow warforged in order to develop the martial prowess necessary to join the legion. Unfortunately, before her arcane training was finished and her tracery was activated, the Day of Mourning devastated both her city and her entire nation, and she was one of the few in her unit to have made it out undamaged. It was during her experience of surviving the Mourning and watching the death and destruction that it rained down upon her nation that she realized that greatest battle is the fight for peace.

After making it to Breland and New Cyre, Wander convened with the Spellcarved Soldiers in Sharn when called by Merrix d'Cannith, but was turned away as she hadn't developed mastery over the arcane yet. As a result, since her exile she's made herself available as a sellsword to those she is confident have the interests of Khorvaire in mind, and she has a deep investment in preventing the loss of innocent lives. She adventures in order to learn and perfect the art of magic and the art of battle, so that she can finally earn a place in the organization that is hers by birthright (or perhaps forgeright). When she speaks, as other Cyrans do, of "tomorrow in Cyre," she considers this one of the things that she has lost.

Wander answered Juarin's summons after having done her own looking into his motivations, though the veracity of the information she's managed to discover may be suspect. However, she considers herself capable of taking care of anything suspicious that might occur, and believes that working with other warforged in order to build discipline for her own self-training would be beneficial.

Appearance: A slender warforged who wears a slightly torn red cloak. Unlike most warforged, she seems to wear several pieces of jewelry, including bracelets and a few necklaces, which are suggestive of her nationality and her gender. One of them seems to be a shield that holds an image of a crown and bell on a field of green, above a hammer and bellows. One of her hands is covered by a leather glove, while the other remains unadorned.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Little rough on the spell failure chance. Nice though

Tenor should be ready soon. Need to fill out his background more, buy equipment, and transfer him to an online character sheet.

Bront

The man with the probe
Done, here he is. I may add a bit about the others in his background, not sure.
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Tenor
[B]Class:[/B] Bard
[B]Race:[/B] Warforged
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male Personality
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (14)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0/1000
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (16)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 7 (1d6+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 11 +1 (11)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -
[B]Int:[/B] 18 +4 (18)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (10)     [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]Spell Save:[/B] -
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (18)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] -

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +2    +0    +3    +0    +0    +0    15
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 12

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +1          +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +3          +5
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0          +2

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Short Bow(60')*           +3      1d6        20x3
Longsword                 +2      1d8+2     19-20x2
Whip                      +2      1d3+2      20x2
Shortsword                +2      1d6+2     19-20x2
Dagger(10)*              +2(3)    1d4+2     19-20x2
*Point Blank Shot Bonus, +1 to hit and damage when within 30'

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconic

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Warforged Racial Abilities
Bardic Music
Bardic Knowledge (Listed in skills)
Fascinate
Countersong
Inspire Courage +1

[b]Spellcasting:[/b]
Level: Known/Cast DC +3
0: 4/2 DC 13
Dancing Lights
Detect Magic
Light
Prestidigitation

[B]Feats:[/B]
1 Point Blank Shot

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 40       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise		   2    +4          +6
Bluff			   4    +3          +7
Craft: Sculpting	   4    +4          +8
Decipher Script		   1    +4          +5
Diplomacy		   4    +3          +7
Gather Information	   2    +3          +5
Kn: Arcana		   2    +4          +6
Kn: History		   4    +4          +8
Kn: Nobility & Royalty	   4    +4          +8
Listen			   2    +0          +2
Perform: Sing		   4    +3          +3
Perform: Other		   0    +3          +3
Sense Motive		   4    +0          +4
Slight of Hand		   1    +3          +4
Speak Language		   1
Spellcraft		   1    +4          +5
*Bardic Knowledge          1    +4          +5

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Short Bow		30	2
20 Arrows		2	3
Longsword		15	4
Whip			1	2
Shortsword		10	2
Dagger			2	1
Spell Component Pouch	5	2
Backpack		2	2
-Lyre			5	2
-Flute			5	2
-Artisan's Tools	5	5
-Warforged Repair Kit	50	1
-Whetstone		0.02	1
-Notebook (Spellbook)	15	2
-Vial of Ink		8	0.1
-2 Oil Flasks		0.2	2
-2 Torches		0.02	2
-Inkpen			0.1	
-10 Chalk		0.1	
-10 Candles		0.1	
[B]Total Weight:[/B]35.1lb      [B]Money:[/B] 4gp 4sp 6cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                58   116   175   175   875

[B]Age:[/B] 2
[B]Height:[/B] 6'1"
[B]Weight:[/B] 285lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] 
[B]Skin:[/B] Grey and Brown
Appearance: Tenor is built in stature much more like a human or elf. He is quite small for a warforged, and under his cloak, could be easily mistaken for another race from a distance but for his stark green eyes. He has an intricate pattern sown into the edge of his cloak.

Background: Tenor was one of the last warforged out of the Cyre forge. Tenor was a special commission by the house Phiarlan, and made to some fairly exact standards. His voice in particular, is clear as a bell and true of tone. After being given the very basic training, Tenor was handed over to the house, under the care of Diamonte d’Phiarlan. Within a few days, Diamonte left Cyre with an enclave of the other house leaders, and within the week, Cyre was no more.

Diamonte settled down with Tenor near the Breland warforged training grounds, and let Tenor observe the differences. Diamonte spent time discussing life with Tenor when most warforged were being trained to fight. Diamonte trained Tenor in the arts of music and sculpture when most warforged were being taught to take orders in battle. Diamonte discussed love with Tenor, a subject never truly spoken of with the warforged. Tenor took in all of it, seeking to learn things he knew few other warforged had the opertunity too. His natural curiosity as well as his creative spirit was explored instead of suppressed. He learned to read and work with other other races, to entertain them and other warforged as well.

Now Tenor did receive some martial training. He learned to use several different weapons, and to never be afraid to use them in his own defense or the defense of others. He became quite skilled with the bow, but competent with other weapons as well. His training was not on par with his fellow warforged warriors, but he could handle himself in a fight.

Once the treaty was signed, he spent time wandering taverns with Diamonte, observing people and practicing his skills in the real world. He found little acceptance among the other races, but that never stopped him from trying. Those that did look beyond his construct exterior saw the poet, the sculptor, and singer he was. Tenor was a stark contrast to other warforged, but slowly he garnered more support from other warforged and other races. Searching for what’s missing, he left Diamonte and went looking for, of all things, love. Love makes us complete Diamonte said, so perhaps that is what he needed to make his own life complete.

Most recently, he heard tales of these new ‘Reforged’, warforged who had turned to embrace their living self, much in the way many of the jugernaughts had embraced their construct heritage. Hoping to find the secret of the reforged, he set out with a new purpose. Perhaps they would allow him to find love, as he had no luck up till now.

Recently, he received a strange invitation. Hoping that the invitation was perhaps an invite from the Reforged to teach him their ways, he sought it out. It turned out an aging noble named Juarin had sent the invite to him and several other warforged. He said he had called us for a higher purpose, though he laughed when Tenor asked if it was to find love. Juarin taught them all to do various tasks; Tenor was an apt negotiator, and a willing laborer. Occasionally one of the warforged would question Juarin, but he would simply assure them that these tests were necessary and had a purpose.

He has been in Juarin’s employ for several months now, staying around for the opertunity to work with both humand and other warforged. Secretly, he's hoped that perhaps he can find out more about becoming a reforged. Things have gone smoothly so far, but it seems suddenly things were about to change…

Last edited:

Timeboxer

Explorer
Bront said:
Little rough on the spell failure chance.

Yeah, I'm kind of depending on the Spellsword levels to knock that down, I hafta admit. Also, considering the party make-up, I figure that doing mostly-fighting-plus-good-but-not-great-spellcasting is the way to go.

Though, next level, I'm gonna start crafting masterwork weapons! I'd do it now, but I'm +1 off from being able to reliably Take 10 with it, so.

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. You still may want to consider Mithril over Adimantium, but it's your call, and yes, she will be a tough cookie.

Bront

The man with the probe
All done. I edited my previous post. Hopefully, that should be good. Hope the background is interesting, and it should explain why he was different, and has a slightly different view on life.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I also (somewhere, I'll find it if you want) have a list of all the PHB, Complete Arcane, and Minis Handbook arcane spells with no Somatic component, and therefore no Arcane Spell Failure chance. There are some pretty good ones.

Bront

The man with the probe
I guess you could always get Still Spell at 3rd level and use it on every spell also. You cast spells one level lower effectively, but it works.

I'd like to see that list too.

Kerrz

First Post
Amy: As a Fighter, you get a first level general feat, and a first level fighter feat. Your general feat can be taken from anywhere so the Adamantine body is ok, though like Bront I'd go with Mithral myself. Your fighter feat has to be taken as one of the feats which is labelled as being a Fighter Bonus Feat.

So you can't take the Silver Tracery until 3rd level.

Bront: You use the term "Godforged" alot, but it seems to be in the wrong context. The Godforged are a group of warforged who are following a Construct Diety, and are planning to build him an avatar to occupy on the world of Eberron. (RoE pg19)

Godforged does not apply to every warforged who has found the way of any diety. They are a specific sect following a specific diety, and I cannot fathom how this makes them inherently more free, nor how it fits into your character.

Maybe you meant something else. Maybe I'm just confused. Just take a look over it, or atleast explain what you were trying to say when you kept relating your character to godforged.

Otherwise, everyone's looking good. d'Anconia needs to finish up a character sheet, and we can start going live.

I guess I should start planning what we're going to be doing...

Remove ads