Your favorite Star Wars villain who dies in the same episode he's introduced

Who is your favorite short-lived Star Wars villain?

Kai Lord

Hero
The Star Wars saga has several iconic villains that are introduced and killed in the same Episode. Which one is your favorite?

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Tarkin, without doubt.

Cool, calculating, in control, villainous but with class, poise, and presence.

He had hubris, of course ("In our hour of triumph?!"), and it was his downfall, but Peter Cushing just nailed that character in the few scenes he had. He even gave Vader an order!

Tarkin.

Warrior Poet

JimAde

First Post
Warrior Poet said:
Tarkin, without doubt.

Cool, calculating, in control, villainous but with class, poise, and presence.

He had hubris, of course ("In our hour of triumph?!"), and it was his downfall, but Peter Cushing just nailed that character in the few scenes he had. He even gave Vader an order!

Tarkin.

Warrior Poet
I have to agree. What I wouldn't have given to see Tarkin and Dooku on the screen at the same time.

Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee ROCK! :)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Tarkin is great, yes, but he can't use four lightsabers simultaneously. I voted Greivous, because thanks to EU screwups, he's had three completely different personalities (Clone Wars' total killing machine, novelization's ruthless war criminal, RoTS' scheming, stalking buffoon) and they've all been cool.

Although it is a close one, because anything Peter Cushing touches turns to gold. Sinister gold, yes, but gold.

Demiurge out.

Wombat

First Post
Tarkin.

He's a Villain's Villain.

Here is a man, cool and calculated, willing and happy to blow up whole planets. And this with no backstory to help him along. He is pure evil, vile to the core, and yet has an aura of respectability and style about him that makes him more than simply a thug.

For quite some time, Grand Moff Tarkin embodied all that was wrong about The Empire.

The_Universe

First Post
Great poll!

This is a tough one for me...I loved Greivous in all of his incarnations (I think the Clone Wars cartoons did him the best, however). Tarkin is obviously the most *evil* of the bunch, so he's high on my list....

But Jabba still wins. He's a symbol of decadence; the lynchpin of the seedy underworld that makes the Star Wars galaxy so amazingly entertaining. He helped give Star Wars a darkness - a depth and dimension that had only been hinted at in lines from the other two films in the original trilogy.

And he eats live frogs and has hot dancing slave girls.

Jabba wins!

Kai Lord

Hero
Grievous all the way for me. I just love the way he says, "Count DOO-ku." :) Plus the four lightsabers (which unlike Maul's double-bladed saber, were NOT spoiled in the trailer, yay!), a cool bike, dramatic escapes, he trades insults and threats with the heroes, the most striking visuals and that way cool music as he descends the ramp when arriving on Utapau.

And a death that would bring a tear to Johnny Cab's eye. :cool:

Remove ads