Food - Peanutbutter & ______ Sandwiches

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I like peanutbutter sandwiches. So much so, that I have tried various kinds of other condiments than jelly on them. So far I have had them with grape jelly (my fave kind of jelly), honey and chocolate syrup. Yes, chocolate syrup. I took some PB over to a friends house this past weekend and he didn't have any jelly so he put chocolate syrup on 'em instead. I have to admit, it wasn't at all bad. What other condiments besides jelly do you like on your PB sandwiches? And what other condiments would you reccommend to someone thats willing to try anything once?

Frukathka said:
I like peanutbutter sandwiches. So much so, that I have tried various kinds of other condiments than jelly on them. So far I have had them with grape jelly (my fave kind of jelly), honey and chocolate syrup. Yes, chocolate syrup. I took some PB over to a friends house this past weekend and he didn't have any jelly so he put chocolate syrup on 'em instead. I have to admit, it wasn't at all bad. What other condiments besides jelly do you like on your PB sandwiches? And what other condiments would you reccommend to someone thats willing to try anything once?
Bananas. Mmmm.

I've heard that Australians don't eat PB&J/find it gross... find it so strange...

der_kluge

Adventurer
Actually, I think peanut butter is largely an American thing.

I like peanut butter and grape jam (I find it is easier to spread than jelly).

I also like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I don't make them nearly as often, though.

Start with a banana, and mush it up, and add peanut butter. They're really quite good. I see QD likes them as well.

der_kluge said:
Start with a banana, and mush it up, and add peanut butter. They're really quite good. I see QD likes them as well.

Mush it up?! That's just gross! :p

I like my bananas more on the green side of yellow (like, just turned yellow yellow) and sliced and placed on top of the peanut butter that way. Makes for a sammich that's somewhat hard to handle at times - but darnit! it's good with a glass of milk. :D

Remove ads