Food - Peanutbutter & ______ Sandwiches

orchid blossom

Explorer
Another vote for banana. Sliced or mashed, doesn't matter, it's all good. I've never tried it grilled, but I'm guessing that would be awesome.

I've found apple jelly really good with PB, but nothing beats my Mom's homemade strawberry jam with PB.....

Now I want strawberry jam....

Henry said:
PB and Cheese

I actually **really** like my waffles with PB, a slice of cheese, and syrup. It works well with pancakes and french toast as well... but it's the best with waffles. A friend of mine in middle school introduced me to the combination (it was a family tradition in their house on Saturday mornings)... I balked at first, but after trying it I gladly joined in their weekend ritual!! It's SO GOOD!

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
My faves:

PB & Raspberry Jam
PB & Banana (the same way that QD likes em, just turned yellow bananas)

Billy's recommendation of Grilled PB & Banana was, according to my wife, Elvis' fave sandwich... (I was unaware of this).

reveal

Adventurer
HellHound said:
Billy's recommendation of Grilled PB & Banana was, according to my wife, Elvis' fave sandwich... (I was unaware of this).

They were actually deep fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. :D

Tewligan

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I actually **really** like my waffles with PB, a slice of cheese, and syrup. It works well with pancakes and french toast as well... but it's the best with waffles. A friend of mine in middle school introduced me to the combination (it was a family tradition in their house on Saturday mornings)... I balked at first, but after trying it I gladly joined in their weekend ritual!! It's SO GOOD!
Ah, ANOTHER thing I forgot. I really like PB&J sandwiches made with two waffles instead of slices of bread. I call it "the sandwich that the so-called experts said could never be made." Because it's a ridiculous name that makes me laugh.

Dungannon

First Post
I love peanut butter & pickle sandwiches. Gotta use the bread & butter chip style pickles, though. Dill doesn't work as good. I also like adding potato chips to the standard pb&j sandwich. Peanut butter & cheese is good too, especially if you nuke it just long enough to soften the cheese, but not quite melt it.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
reveal said:
They were actually deep fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. :D

Ok... that is no longer appetizing. That is verging on nasty.

Except, perhaps, whenI wake up with a nasty hangover and the grease tank is on empty.

Remove ads