• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Food - Peanutbutter & ______ Sandwiches

VirgilCaine

First Post
D_Sinclair said:
Fluff!

Nothing beats peanut butter and spreadable marshmallow for an instant sugar high at 3 am.

...and an instant sugar downer at 3:23 a.m.!

I like PB&J, and PB and banana sandwiches. Grilled PB and banana also sounds good.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
devilbat said:
You should pitch that for the next "This is your brain on drugs" ad.
You do realize those commercials are meant to persuade people not to do drugs, right? Saying, "If you're stoned, there's gonna be a pretty lightshow" might not have the effect they're going for.

Of course, "mmmm.....fried eggs...." didn't necessarily work, either :).

I understand that peanut butter is a largely American thing, just like Marmite is a British thing and Vegemite is an Australian thing (or do I have it backward?) and Kim Chee is a Korean thing. Based on this, I have a theory that every nation has a food that they adore and that the rest of the world recognizes as utterly repulsive.

I mean, I eat peanut butter toast most mornings for breakfast; I love to make peanut butter cookies (and will probably make a big batch to see me through GenCon); a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a superior comfort food; and I make a mean spicy peanut butter/ginger sauce for doing pseudo-Thai dishes. But Kim Chee is revolting, I'm convinced they harvest Marmite from toilets that haven't been cleaned in months, and poutine is just a foul blasphemy against everything good and beautiful in the world.

Daniel

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Pielorinho said:
Poutine is just a foul blasphemy against everything good and beautiful in the world.

You just come to the Canadiana Suite while we're serving free poutine to everyone and try to convince people of that. No matter how frightened of it they began, everyone walked away impressed with Dextra's poutine.

Many became addicts.

reveal

Adventurer
HellHound said:
You just come to the Canadiana Suite while we're serving free poutine to everyone and try to convince people of that. No matter how frightened of it they began, everyone walked away impressed with Dextra's poutine.

Many became addicts.

Mmmmmm. That sounds good. I've never heard of poutine before so I looked it up. The Southerner in me just saw the word "gravy" and thought "Yup, gotta try it."

But at first I misread what you typed and thought people were impressed with Dextra's poontang and I wondered what the hell I was missing at GenCon.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Back in my college days, while workinf=g at a scout camp, we had lots of government PB, but no jelly. We tried, and I liked, peanutbutter and pickles, any kind.
The scouts are also to blame for this one: peanutbutter, colby cheese, and Buddig (sp?) smoked sliced meat.

fusangite

First Post
I used to eat at a restaurant that did hamburgers with Indonesian peanut sauce; they were fabulous: peanut sauce, gouda cheese, mushrooms, dill pickle, mayonaise. Yum. I recommend peanut sauce as a standard hamburger condiment. Indonesian peanut sauce has a lot more range than standard peanut butter and is very easy to make.

Remove ads