[GRIM TALES] Wulf Ratbane's SLAVELORDS of CYDONIA

Fenris

Adventurer
Wulf Ratbane said:
A ha. Trotting out the old, "My horse gets a Spot check, too!" defense.

Joshua studies the game trail for a moment; he's not eager to be the bearer of bad news.

"Unfortunately I think our path takes us towards the cat. Look here," he says, scuffing away a clump of moss with his boot. "Paving stone. Humans used this trail before the cat did."

Haskins:
"Man leads to Man. This old path was made by Man, and ought to lead us to something involving Man. With luck it will be Ms. Nielson's temple. As for the cat, well as Mr. Hambrick said, we will all keep our slings handy. Lead on Mr. Hambrick, I will cover you on point"

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
There were wide stretches where Joshua lost the trail entirely, but while the rest of the group waited, nervously watching the jungle around them, Joshua was eventually able to pick up the trail again.

http://www.badaxegames.com/mm/pdf/SL/sound-1-2.wav

The group was moving east, more or less, still fairly close to the river. A bit of sunlight crept through the canopy.

Brigitta gasped and stopped suddenly.

She had seen something flash through the canopy-- long, resplendent green, and... sinuous.

http://www.badaxegames.com/mm/pdf/SL/sound-1-1.wav

solomoncane

First Post
"...lions and adders," mutters Hambrick.
More loudly he says, "following this trail is taking most of my concentration, I hope the rest of y'all are paying attention to the critters out there. And Haskins, watch where you point that pig-sticker of yours--we're starting to bunch up a bit."

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Bill rolls up his sleeves then reaches back and slides out his Winchester from beneath his saddlebags. Catching Hambrick's eye he nods.

nakia

First Post
Gentlemen, I'm out of town for my brother's wedding until Sunday.

Teddy is obviously nervous with all this cat business and the jungle in general -- he's a city guy. He sticks close to Brigitta, grips his shotgun tightly, and will defer to her decisions in terms of where to go, who or what to shoot at, and when to do it.

Teddy will be more decisive when I return. Have fun!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Quick side note: It seems I'm going to be a lot more free to post than most of you guys. I don't want that to frustrate anybody. Generally speaking, unless I'm answering a question directly asked, I'll wait until I have at least 3 responses before adding any kind of "addendum" to my posts; and I'll never add any addendum after a post that is begging for a unanimous reply-- as this next one will:

The jungle suddenly gave way, and Joshua found himself standing on a wide clearing near the river. The rest of the group gathered around while Joshua stooped low, traveling in wider circles, searching for the trail. He paused for a moment on the other side of the clearing, near the trees-- but not too near.

Finally, he rejoined the group. Tipping back his hat, he presented them their options:

"The path splits here. And... the paving stones clearly headed to the river. Must have been a bridge at one time. But there's also a path heading into the trees on the other side. I'm not sure what it means, but we're going to have to decide whether we want to cross the river and follow the old road south, or follow this newer, cruder path east."

Wulf

Fenris

Adventurer
How wide is the river at this point?

How fast is the current?

Could horses cross?

I'll send some rolls your way for whatever you need

Remove ads