TMP NY Location

S

Ssussunriyh

Actually, it's not near the docks. Most of the waterfront areas of Manhattan from midtown on down have dock areas, especially on the west side, but upper Manhattan is flanked by riverfront parks. The only dock areas there would be at a yacht club or something.

However, you don't really need to be right next door to the docks to incorporate them into a story plot. In Manhattan, proximity is judged less by physical distance than by travel time. As in, "It's only ten minutes away on the subway. (Or an hour and a half by car...)"

W

WizO_Pounamu

I keep bringing up the docks because one player has a business set in a loft or warehouse. Anywhere nearby where those could be?

- Pounamu

Jetbomb24

First Post
Are there any slum-like areas in a feasible distance. I wanted a sort of plaza area like in Balistic: Ecks vs Sever for my shop and possibly urban show downs. An area with common gunfights would perhaps have a larger feasible distance then a parking lot or such, though

W

WizO_Pounamu

Hey Jet, where ya been?

Ssussunriyh said there was Spanish Harlen to the north but otherwise no, the closest to what you're asking for I think is a parking building. I really don't want to go looking for another location now, this thread as it is has been open for a logn time. It's just been dead lately.

If you come up with a suitable location on Manhattan that has as much as possible of what's been discussed, point it out. ;) Otherwise I would prefer we maybe took a vote on these ones rather than end up with it going on for another month.

- Pounamu

S

Ssussunriyh

Warehouses and slums can be found almost anywhere in the city. Urban renewal is much like painting a ship - it's something that never begins or ends, it just goes on continually (as anybody who was in the Navy can tell you.)

W

WizO_Pounamu

So someone just has to point out where nearby it is? Cool, I like the sound of that!

SHall I request a poll for these three options or just go with 3rd and 102nd street?

Drindin

First Post
I'd say mess the poll, and just go with it. It's been put off for so long, it could be at the center of the planet and few people would care! :p

Jetbomb24

First Post
Oh, I wasn't thinking of moving anything. I was wondering if there was anyplace like that within 10 or 20 (maybe more) blocks. I just was thinking of little more then a nice place to sit, pass the time, and on occasion, "get your gun off". I am for 3rd and 102nd.

Remove ads