Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

Dalamar

Adventurer
"You seem so manly when you're leading, Eddy," Tumna says with an appraising look at the cleric's way, "just remember to keep it from turning into bossyness." She gives the other human a wink before going back to the task of Finding the Missing Monster.

Krug

Newshound
The companions jerk to attention as the sunrod illuminates the back of the warehouse. 20' up above them they can see their prey, attending to squeeze through a small hole near the ceiling. It is almost through the opening. Tumna, being the least encumbered and with the longest legs, has outpaced the cleric and the dwarf.

You estimate you have one round to act before it crawls out. Tumna is about 10' away, Eddy and Borkel 20' away. On the previous combat map, the creature is about on square K30. Tumna is on I29, Eddy on J26, Borkel on L26.

Gray Shade

First Post
About to grab for his dagger, Eddy curses when he remembers he gave it to Borkel. Afraid the creature will get away if he takes time to switch to his sling, he heaves back, and with a manly grunt, throws his mace at the creature.

Sure. Why not? :D If I'm right there's only the -4 penalty for throwing a weapon not designed to be thrown, right? Oh, and a -1 for range increment for thrown weapon. If I'm missing something, please figure it in. I'm going to figure in that -5 and his regular ranged attack bonus (+1), so here goes . . . *sigh* that had exactly the effect one would imagine: to-hit: 7

As soon as the heavy mace leaves his hand Eddy winces as it slings end over end awkwardly up toward some stacked crates nowhere near the beast, bouncing and smashing at the crates as it rebounds between them and pillars then clatters loudly to the floor. Eddy is stunned for a second then looks at Borkel and demands, "Can you believe that!?"

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

Borkel knows that he only has 1 chance at the creature. He moves as close as he can, tries to aim right, and throws Eddy's dagger at the creature as hard as he can. However, he has never ever thrown a dagger and realizes he is quite bad at it ... Frustration sets in.

(Borkel takes a move action to get under the creature, then shoots (-2 to hit because of the 1 range increment) attack 3)

If Tumna has no more luck than Borkel and Eddy, Borkel will run towards an exit of the warehouse to hopefully catch the creature outside.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Trying to decide if she should try to create another ectoplasmic sheen to drop the creature down or just release her bent up frustration on it doesn't take long for Tumna. With a howl, and visible psychic energy crackling around her, she releases her mind against the creature a third time. Then she bends over as the psychic energy that she sends at the creature tears at her own mind.

OoC: Overchanneled Mind Thrust, Will DC 15 negates. 15 damage to the critter, 4 points of backlash from Overchannel to Tumna. 1PP left.

Krug

Newshound
After his companions' rather imbecilic attemps to bring down the creature, Tumna's mind jolt utterly crushes the creature's brain. A wild flux of energy rebounds back towards the psychic, shredding his own mind with images from the choker's own life. The choker emits one last primal howl upon its demise. After about a second, the creature's lifeless body drops down to the floor, quite dead.

Bru continues shouting. "I'm g-getting out! See you outside!" Then there is the sound of him scurrying away...

Gray Shade

First Post
Eddy leisurely goes to retrieve his mace, ignoring Bru for now. "Are you all right, Tumna? That was an excellent show you just put on. Shurassa bless you for your competence and composure."

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

Borkel also makes sure that Tumna is ok.

"Good work, companions. Now let's make sure there is nothing else here"

He then proceeds to search the warehouse for any sign of rats or other dangerous creatures.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Wiping a few stray locks of red hair from her face, Tumna straightens herself.
"Yeah, I'm fine now. Just didn't have the time to properly calm myself, so I kind of over-exerted."
Taking a deep breath, she starts heading back to the direction they originally left the two guards. "I think I'll go check if darling Lul is still among us, why don't the two of you see what else is still here?"

After she's quickly checked that Lul isn't in mortal danger, the telepath goes back to her attempts at getting the pouch from the half-eaten corpse.

Krug

Newshound
The trio return to where Lul is, and a scan of the warehouse does not reveal much beyond the occasional tiny rat, mouse or cockroach. Upon reaching the corpse, however, the pouch it held is quite evidently gone.

Remove ads