Warlock Optimization

DungeonMaester

First Post
Not that ehtier of the feats would do much good anyway. Honestly, for that type of build there are only three Invocations you need.

(Fly)
(Ethoric ward) [Or how ever its spelt]
(elderic Spear)

Stay out of melee range, ward of ranged attack and look out for spell casters.

---Rusty

Quidam

First Post
brehobit said:
I would strongly suggest you look at the fey feats in PHBII...

If you mean the ones in Complete Mage, I agree- nice stuff in there. I like the one that improves your DR/Cold Iron.

tecnowraith

First Post
Quidam said:
If you're going gunslinger (considering that myself) you might think of the dual wand wielding feat in Complete Arcane. Burn extra charges to get two wands off in a round. Fits the gunslinger flavor spot on, but the prereq's are a bit steep- IIRC, craft wand and TWF.

Also- be sure to wear the right hat. Wide brim good.

Even better is two weapon fighting with a wand and a Rod of Eldritch Power from Complete Mage. Hmmm :]

DungeonMaester

First Post
tecnowraith said:
Even better is two weapon fighting with a wand and a Rod of Eldritch Power from Complete Mage. Hmmm :]

Not to rain on your idea..again..But using a wand and a Invocation are both standard actions that dont get the benifiet from extra attacks. (much like haste)

---Rusty

tecnowraith

First Post
DungeonMaester said:
Not to rain on your idea..again..But using a wand and a Invocation are both standard actions that dont get the benifiet from extra attacks. (much like haste)

---Rusty

I realized after I posted this I may need the feat Quicken spell-like ability, I may not, not sure.

DungeonMaester

First Post
tecnowraith said:
I realized after I posted this I may need the feat Quicken spell-like ability, I may not, not sure.

Its useful, but only three times a day which kind of sucks concidering its not in the spirt of what a warlock does. But the tfw is useless for a warlock unless you take the wand version from Complte Arcane that lets you use the spell in the wand if you hit the person with the wand its self.

---Rusty

Quidam

First Post
DungeonMaester said:
But the tfw is useless for a warlock unless you take the wand version from Complte Arcane that lets you use the spell in the wand if you hit the person with the wand its self.

TWF doesn't affect Wandstrike, as Wandstrike's benefit begins, "As a standard action..." The TWF -> Dual Wand chain is probably only useful for melee warlocks with a level or two of fighter for the extra feats.

edit: unless, of course, you really want the 'gun in each fist' flavor for your blaster warlock.

Last edited:

Drowbane

First Post
Drowbane said:
I'm not sure I dig Fell Flight as a first Lesser Invocation... but to each his own. Have you contemplated the Bestow Curse invoc? Nothing like slapping a man for 6 Con... (or 6 Str, or hurt his to hit/saves, etc...)

Baleful Utterance might be fun with your concept (as I understand it). There is alot to be said for being able to shatter a foe's weapon with a word... with the possibility of stunning (or dazing?) at the sametime.

Anyways, thats my 2-bits

Wow, did I really say that?

My gestalt Warlock/Incarnate just hit lvl 6... and sure enough I am picking up Fell Flight. :p

Bestow Curse is going to be his 2nd or 3rd Lesser choice. hehe.

tecnowraith

First Post
Ok back to the feats topic. For a 10th warlock, point blank shot and precise shot is not worth it later on or with Eldritch Spear. The dual wand might be cool but not unless you have a long energy blaster with more damage instead. Feats that might help better with EB with 250ft range to give a boost AB and damage will help.

Remove ads