Warlock Optimization

tecnowraith

First Post
Hey all, need some advice on choosing the right invocations at 6th level. The one Invocation I gonna choose and keep is Fell Flight. The other is eldritch Spear. I have the Extra Invocation feat already so I deciding which one sto keep and which one to sitch out.

I made him to be like a spaghetti western type character that is the gambler undertaker that in secret is a gunslinger. So in part the warlock is the undertaker, gambler profession and the gunslinger can be both the eldritch blast and a wand (or two) to get the feel.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Drowbane

First Post
I'm not sure I dig Fell Flight as a first Lesser Invocation... but to each his own. Have you contemplated the Bestow Curse invoc? Nothing like slapping a man for 6 Con... (or 6 Str, or hurt his to hit/saves, etc...)

Baleful Utterance might be fun with your concept (as I understand it). There is alot to be said for being able to shatter a foe's weapon with a word... with the possibility of stunning (or dazing?) at the sametime.

Anyways, thats my 2-bits

tecnowraith

First Post
Drowbane said:
I'm not sure I dig Fell Flight as a first Lesser Invocation... but to each his own. Have you contemplated the Bestow Curse invoc? Nothing like slapping a man for 6 Con... (or 6 Str, or hurt his to hit/saves, etc...)

Baleful Utterance might be fun with your concept (as I understand it). There is alot to be said for being able to shatter a foe's weapon with a word... with the possibility of stunning (or dazing?) at the sametime.

Anyways, thats my 2-bits

Baleful Utterance/shatter magic item have been iffy around my ground cause why destroy swords or potions that could be kept by the party or sold?
With warlock on limited "slots", its to keep for something a bit more useful.

Pyrex

First Post
Warlocks with an average (say, no plans to get it higher than 18-20) Charisma will tend to focus on invocations that don't allow saves.

Warlocks who max their Charisma (22+) will tend to focus on more powerful effects that allow saves because they can be confident that opponents will fail their saves most of the time.

Warlocks depend on Charisma for their Save DCs. Thus, if you want to cast many of the offensive invocations, you'll want a high-enough Cha to make the DCs respectable.

If you're planning more on self-buffing, then your Cha score is less important.

UltimaGabe

First Post
tecnowraith said:
Hey all, need some advice on choosing the right invocations at 6th level. The one Invocation I gonna choose and keep is Fell Flight. The other is eldritch Spear. I have the Extra Invocation feat already so I deciding which one sto keep and which one to sitch out.

I made him to be like a spaghetti western type character that is the gambler undertaker that in secret is a gunslinger. So in part the warlock is the undertaker, gambler profession and the gunslinger can be both the eldritch blast and a wand (or two) to get the feel.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Personally, I think that Fell Flight is a great invocation, but only if you plan on having a feat slot open soon. After all, once you get Fell Flight, you can take Flyby Attack (MM), thus granting yourself Shot on the Run (more or less) with only one feat, rather than three.

If that's not your style, I'd go with Flee the Scene.

Remove ads