Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian turns to his fellows at the announcement of port time. "You suppose they'll let me spring Talbot for a bit? I'm sure he'd love to stretch his legs, even if we can't get all the way out to somewhere he can really run with the time we've got."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

jkason said:
Midian turns to his fellows at the announcement of port time. "You suppose they'll let me spring Talbot for a bit? I'm sure he'd love to stretch his legs, even if we can't get all the way out to somewhere he can really run with the time we've got."
Turning from the sight of the multiple elemental airships Jaron looks to his companion. "There is nothing lost by asking. And if we assure them it will help insure a sense of calm for Talbot I hardly see how they can object."

Mista Collins

First Post
"I, myself, would like to move my feet more than around the confines of the ship. I could only image how your companion feels Midian. I am sure the captain would understand," Seria continues with a smile. "And if he doesn't, tell him Talbot might go a little crazy."

"I'd suggest a meal at the Sunset Club here in the docking tower, but unfortanetly I don't have the funds for such a pricey meal. So maybe we could meet somewhere in the city for a bite to eat. Anywhere that isn't too pricey is fine with me." Seria looks to her companions hoping for a suggestion. "But I am going to spend some of the eight hours we have to gather a little information on what to expect in Lhazaar. Any of you are more than welcome to join me. I plan on heading to the docks for a bit and then possible to a library if one can be found here in Stormhome."

With that, Seria disembarks with anyone who follows and collects her weapons before leaving.

[sblock]Once a meeting place is decided, Seria is going to disembark and head down to the docks, trying to gather any information about Prince Mika's Cloudreavers that some of the sailors and dock hands might have from their experiences on the seas. She is then going to ask around about a good source of information. If lead to a library, she is going to try and research the areas of Cliffscape and Tempest Isle.

Gather Information = +11
Knowledge (local) = +8
[/sblock]

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

Mista Collins said:
"I, myself, would like to move my feet more than around the confines of the ship. I could only image how your companion feels Midian. I am sure the captain would understand," Seria continues with a smile. "And if he doesn't, tell him Talbot might go a little crazy."

"I'd suggest a meal at the Sunset Club here in the docking tower, but unfortanetly I don't have the funds for such a pricey meal. So maybe we could meet somewhere in the city for a bite to eat. Anywhere that isn't too pricey is fine with me." Seria looks to her companions hoping for a suggestion. "But I am going to spend some of the eight hours we have to gather a little information on what to expect in Lhazaar. Any of you are more than welcome to join me. I plan on heading to the docks for a bit and then possible to a library if one can be found here in Stormhome."

With that, Seria disembarks with anyone who follows and collects her weapons before leaving.
Moving fast to catch up Jaron quickly gathers his few possession needed. "Maybe we should say to meet in three or four hours near the central stairs. That should give Talbot time to stretch his legs and anyone that needs to gather anything will have time at the Rat's Aerie."

Mista Collins

First Post
Prof Yeti said:
Moving fast to catch up Jaron quickly gathers his few possession needed. "Maybe we should say to meet in three or four hours near the central stairs. That should give Talbot time to stretch his legs and anyone that needs to gather anything will have time at the Rat's Aerie."

"Four hours sounds good. I might need some time to find what I am looking for," Seria says as she hangs her crossbow on her belt. "Are you any good at getting information from the masses? I could probably use a little assistance once we get to the docks."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Here is everything I could recall that was uncovered as part of the investigations. Remind me if you think I left anything out.

The Story Thus Far:

Late at night on the third evening since the airship set out from Stormhome one of the passangers, there was a fight between the shifter Micah and the knight of the silver flame, Sir Brelloch. Micah fell overboard and Brelloch was wounded. The party decided to investigate and came up with some interesting information.
Sir Brelloch claimed that the shifter had attacked him with no provocation and the knight was forced to defend himself. He also claimed that the shifter had a sword.
Grud'al investigated the attack and removed some of the shifters belongings from his room.
Johan sat at breakfast the next day with Sir Brelloch and used Detect Evil on him. The knight radiated a faint evil aura, as well as something located inside his quarters.
Later that same day Whisper disguised herself as a sailor and used Detect Magic on the knight. She found that his ring, an object under his breastplate, and his eyes glowed with magical auras. His eyes glowed as if he was using a divination spell. What ever he was using it was directed towards Grud'al and Johan while they were speaking.
There was another shifter on board by the name of Urrup who claimed to have no previous contact with Micah. It was apparent that some of his answers were evasive however.
There is a halfling merchant named Kel who traveled with Micah. She said that she had no idea why the shifter would attack anyone. He did keep a book he wrote in but it was taken along with the shifters belongings.

The party had just finished finalizing their plans to search for the items that Grud'al confiscated. The ship will make 1 final stop in the Mror Holds before it's final destination in Cliffscrape. The last stop is approximately 2 days away.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"So, then, we're agreed to try to get hold of Micah's journal?" He looks about to the others. Then he focuses on Seria and Whisper. "Is there anything I can do to help? Perhaps I can act as a lookout? I also have a fire spell that might make a decent, if brief, distraction."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper considers, then shakes her head slowly. "An extra lookout might be useful, but fire would be the wrong kind of attention. We don't want to be evicted from the vessel for endangering it."

She ticks off fingers now, one for each point.

"What we need is someone to keep the captain busy away from the rest of the crew. Someone to unlock the captain's door. Someone to enter his cabin without creating suspicion, so it can be searched and the diary retrieved."

"I think Seria is the best person for the distraction. I can enter the cabin in his guise. As for unlocking...that is the question now. Unless the key can be obtained."

She pauses, then glances at Johan. "I don't suppose you tried just...asking him for it? The diary, I mean."

Mista Collins

First Post
At the mention of unlocking, Seria fits to hide a smile but is unsuccessful. "I learned a few different skills at the University. One of those is getting into the rooms of other students to dig up some dirt." Seeing the expressions on everyone's face, Seria hurries to continue. "But don't worry, I respected all of you too much to have a little fun."

"I could distract, but I could also open the door for Whisper."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, I'm sure between you two ladies, you won't have any trouble distracting him and getting in his room," Johan says, with just a hint of a smirk.

"I'll make sure I'm in earshot, just in case you're in need of help."

Remove ads