Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

Fighting to keep his own grin of amusement under control, Jaron looks from one to the next of his companions. "Though I doubt I would be of any help in entering or distracting. Torg and I are at your service to keep an eye open as lookouts."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
ooc - I'm assuming you are all done planning since it's been a few days, if not ignore this till you're ready.

As the meeting breaks up and the party is exiting their room, you can sense a change in the flight of the airship. As you head to the top deck you can see the sun setting over the mountain range. Their peaks cast long shadows into the wide valley below. Far below is a wide valley with a massive river flowing down the center. Straddling the river is a massive stone city lit by numerous points of light. It appears that your ship has reached the dwarven city of Frostmantle. On the top deck the crew are busy securing the ship for docking. The captain stands next to the ships pilot and Grud'al is intermixed with the sailors helping them prepare the ship. Having seen most of the rest of the ship, it is likely that the captain and crew quarters are close to the front of the ship through the red door that is off limits to passangers.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Perhaps we needn't make our own distraction, Midian whispers to his companions, nodding toward the hustling crew. "The business of docking could provide us with just what we need. Shall we boys take up lookout positions and let you ladies do your work?"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper considers, then nods.

"That will have to do, I suppose. I'll need one lookout in particular to watch the captain. If word starts circulating around the crew that there are two of him around, things could get ugly -fast-."

"So here is the plan. I will cast a spell on us all that will let us communicate with each other at a whisper, no matter how far we are apart. The spell will last about ten minutes. Hopefully, this will be done with long before that. The lookouts will take positions at the ends of the hallway that the captain's quarters are in, and one will trail the captain himself at a discreet distance. If anyone approaches us, or if it seems the captain is coming...we must know immediately."

She considers, then notes, "Given these changes, I may not be needed to enter the captain's room. If so, I could pose as a crewman, and possibly attempt to divert people from the hallway, giving Seria more time to work."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

Looking from one of his companions to the other, then to his familiar, Jaron shrugs his shoulders returning his gaze to Whisper. "And Torg and I can take the other end of the hallway. Unless Midian would prefer that position?"

Mista Collins

First Post
Putting her hand into into her pockets to make sure none of the tools she grabbed when leaving the cabin, Seria looks to Whisper. "Hopefully I won't need much time. It will take me no more than 2 minutes to get the lock open. If I don't have it done by then, the lock requires more skill than I picked up at the University."

Looking at the hussling crew, Seria turns back to the rest of her companions. "I think we should hurry."

jkason

First Post

Prof Yeti said:
Looking from one of his companions to the other, then to his familiar, Jaron shrugs his shoulders returning his gaze to Whisper. "And Torg and I can take the other end of the hallway. Unless Midian would prefer that position?"

Midian shrugs. "Guess that means I'm trying to keep an eye on the captain. I'll try my best not to draw attention, maybe use concern for Talbot as an excuse if I'm questioned."

Midian waits for the whisper-message spell to be cast, then moves off to his assigned post, trying his best to appear fascinated by the hubbub of landing the craft as he watches to make sure the captain doesn't decide to head back to his cabin.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods and excuses herself briefly...returning after putting on the crewman clothes she'd 'borrowed,' and assuming the shape of a burly, swarthy human man who looked very 'sailory.'

"Everyone gather round," he urged, and then cast the spell...the strange arcane syllables seeming distinctly out of place coming from that rough, seaworn face. The magic took hold though, and when Whisper next spoke, the words carried to everyone's ears, despite the fact that she barely moved her mouth to pronounce them.

"Seria, I'll stay in the hall with you. If someone comes, stop what you're doing and start talking to me as if that's what you were doing all along. That should avoid suspicion."

"The rest of you know your places. We have ten minutes. Lets go."

jkason

First Post

Midian nods when the spell's finally cast, then does his best to saunter about on deck without getting in the way. He plays up his natural curiosity, ostensibly watching the crew for how they run the ship, but specifically doing his best to keep the captain in view.

Remove ads