Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper digs delicate fingers into her pouch and produces a morsel of food that she offers to Torg.

"Clever little monkey..."

Then to Seria the sorceress says, "I agree. I'm also curious to hear what everyone has planned once we reach our destination. In addition to assisting the professor, of course."

Bront

The man with the probe
Mista Collins said:
Seeing the rest of the rest of her classmates gathering on the deck of "Dawn over the Water", Seria smiles at Johan, offers her own arm and replies in a serious tone "This is a very fine vessel. The finest in the fleet apparently. But before you show me around, I say we visit with the others we are suppose to be traveling with. Shall we m'lord?"
Johan chuckles. "You have me wrong m'lady. Twas my intention all along."

Johan walks with Seria over to the others. "Ladies, Gentilemen, tis a good day for a voyage, is it not?"

OOC: I realise my post was vague, but he was facing the others when he offered her his arm, and had intended on heading to the others all along.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Good to see you Whisper, Jaron and Midian," Seria says and gives them all hugs. "I really look forward to our travels together."

Now that all pleasantries have been taken care of, Seria decides now would be a good time to discuss their plan of action so that they can enjoy the rest of their cruise to the Lhazaar Principalities. "I figured we could find our way to Cliffscrape and try and locate where or whom Brother Ouillie was going to take this dragonshard. And I really think it would be good if we could find more information about the vessel "Red Waters", captained by a half-orc named L'mar. And maybe we can look further into the rumors of Prince Mika's Cloudreavers being the pirate group responsible for the attack. And ultimately, I want to know how the House Tharashk informants have heard all this information. This might lead us to any survivors or those who were there to do the pirating. More information that what was found in the report given to us is key."

OOC: Don't worry about the vague post, Seria would have responded the same way to either meaning :) And where exactly in the Lhazaar Principalities is this airship taking us?.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I might be able to find out a little bit about the business of house Tharashk. My house has business with them, and might have heard a few rumors. Once we arive in Cliffscrape, I can see what my house and the guilds know." Johan offers. "Plus, I'm sure they'd have more detailed information about pirate attacks in the area."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Bront said:
"I might be able to find out a little bit about the business of house Tharashk. My house has business with them, and might have heard a few rumors. Once we arive in Cliffscrape, I can see what my house and the guilds know." Johan offers. "Plus, I'm sure they'd have more detailed information about pirate attacks in the area."

"I don't have as many contacts as Johan," Midian offers, "But I have access to magics that will allow me to speak with animals for a short time. If we visit the shipwreck, I might be able to learn something more from the local sealife about the events that sank it."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

Bront said:
Johan walks with Seria over to the others. "Ladies, Gentilemen, tis a good day for a voyage, is it not?"
Turning and clasping hands with Johan his ever present smile firmly in place. "Yes it is indeed good, friend Johan."

Mista Collins said:
"Good to see you Whisper, Jaron and Midian," Seria says and gives them all hugs. "I really look forward to our travels together."
Turning to regard Seria just as she gives him a hug in greeting. Looking a bit flushed Jaron' smile gets a bit larger. "Greetings m'lady"

Mista Collins said:
Now that all pleasantries have been taken care of, Seria decides now would be a good time to discuss their plan of action so that they can enjoy the rest of their cruise to the Lhazaar Principalities. "I figured we could find our way to Cliffscrape and try and locate where or whom Brother Ouillie was going to take this dragonshard. And I really think it would be good if we could find more information about the vessel "Red Waters", captained by a half-orc named L'mar. And maybe we can look further into the rumors of Prince Mika's Cloudreavers being the pirate group responsible for the attack. And ultimately, I want to know how the House Tharashk informants have heard all this information. This might lead us to any survivors or those who were there to do the pirating. More information that what was found in the report given to us is key."
Taking in the ideas as presented, Jaron begins nodding his head even before she finishes. "I agree. With what little we know it seems best to keep both our options and minds open for an investigation."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

jkason said:
"I don't have as many contacts as Johan," Midian offers, "But I have access to magics that will allow me to speak with animals for a short time. If we visit the shipwreck, I might be able to learn something more from the local sealife about the events that sank it."
Turning to reply, his usual grin firmly in place. "Maybe not contacts in the normal equated sense. But at this point, I personally, will take information from any source." Turning to look at Seria and Whisper, "Do you have any thoughts on where we may gain some of the other answers we seek? I must admit that I have little knowledge of the Lhazaar region. But I am thinking some of the dockside taverns my yield a few ideas about the captain and his boat, as well pirate activity in the area we need."

Mista Collins

First Post
Midian said:
"I don't have as many contacts as Johan, but I have access to magics that will allow me to speak with animals for a short time. If we visit the shipwreck, I might be able to learn something more from the local sealife about the events that sank it."

"That might prove more useful than one would think Midian. Some of the best information when trying to figure out a case, comes from the least likely places," Seria says as if she were back in a classroom discussion.

Jaron said:
"Do you have any thoughts on where we may gain some of the other answers we seek? I must admit that I have little knowledge of the Lhazaar region. But I am thinking some of the dockside taverns my yield a few ideas about the captain and his boat, as well pirate activity in the area we need."

"The people of the Lhazaar region are tough, weathered, and almost as volatile as the raging sea. I haven't studied Cliffscrape during my studies at Wynarn University, so telling you more about that area would do no good because it would be drawn from speculation. But I can tell you more about the Lhazaar region in general and some of its customs. Stop me if I am wrong at any point, Whisper." Seria pauses a moment to gather her thoughts and continues. "The law of a given frontier town on any of the islands reflects the will of the strongest sea prince in the area. And since we have heard rumors of Prince Mika's Cloudreavers in the area, we might be dealing with a lot of disorderly dwarves, orcs, and half-orcs who think might makes right. Few laws bind all citizens of the Principalities. Despite the long history of the isles, the Lhazaar Principalities have never subscribed to a comprehensive system of laws on par with the Code of Galifar. According to Lhazaar's edicts, temporal power rests in the hands of the prince: Each lord has the right to administer justice in his domain, appointing officers as he sees fit. As a result, customs vary significantly from principality to principality. High Prince Rygar goes to great pains to maintain order in Regalport, creating a safe environment for foreign emissaries and traders. But Port Krez in Krag, under Prince Mika's control, is a wild and dangerous place for outsiders, where street justice is the common answer to social transgressions."

Seria looks to her companions to see if any of the information she just gave them was of any interest or made any sense. "Any questions?"

[sblock]Knowledge(local) check of 15 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper inclines her head at Seria's lecture.

"Well put," she intones. "It would be best if we sought information in small groups then. No less than two. Also best if each group had at least one...visibly intimidating figure in it. As far as where to go for information...the possibilities are endless. In addition to the places already mentioned, I would suggest the local shipwright. Pirate attacks damage and destroy ships...a shipwright would be needed for repair, and possibly to assess salvage. It's likely he or she would be familiar therefore with local pirate activity, and their tactics."

She considers for a moment.

"We might also consult the local constable and see if there are currently any pirates held prisoner. If so, perhaps they would allow us to interrogate them."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
For two days the airship sails north skirting the edge of Thrane. The trip is enjoyable with sunny days and good food prepared by the crew. One of the most memorable moments comes when you pass the Starpeak mountain. Despite the great height the airship is traveling at, the mountain peak still rises far above you. As the sun sets on the second day you can finally make out the distant lights of Stormhome, refuge of House Lyrander. Standing at the railing you can see dozens of firey rings in the sky from the numerous airships and skiffs traveling to and from the city. The captain calls out the order to making for a docking tower and the ship glides gracefully into port. While the crew hurries about securing the ship the captain informs the passengers that they will be in port for 8 hours while supplies are loaded for the long journey to the Lhazaar Principalities. Off duty crew and passangers are free to disembark but he warns that everyone must be back on board by the deadline.

With practiced efficiency, crates and boxes are quickly loaded from a crane mounted on the docking tower. The tower crew attach a wide ramp with railings to the side of the ship to allow passangers on and off. Once it is connected four more passangers board the ship and head to their quarters. Two of them, a shifter and a halfling, are assigned a cabin at the opposite end of the passanger deck from your group. The others, an older human woman in richly colored clothes and a middle aged man in stylized silver halfplate, take seperate cabins on the VIP section on level 2.

Remove ads