Re: Posting of WotC Contest Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Re: Posting of WotC Contest Submissions

Guys and Gals:

Anthony Valterra has recommended that if you've ENTERED the contest, you shouldn't be posting your entry until after the decision regarding the top ten has been made. So, don't post 'em. At least not until after the NEW AUGUST DEADLINE date. (Please see the sticky thread at the top of the General Forum for more information.)

Edit: Since we have new information, and all. :D

Last edited:

seasong

First Post
The Thread You Deleted

The thread you deleted was a joke. A piece of humor. A bit of ha ha. A not very serious rendition. :)

And now, a deceased parrot.

Oh well, at least I got to read it and :Dlaugh:D before it ceased to be.

Teddust

First Post
At least I feel better that one person got a laugh.

I guess I could've put a big 'ol "HUMOR" warning on it, but then it would've killed the joke. Oh well. I am interested in seeing submissions from people who didn't make it, though, once the contest is done. Should be very interesting.

HideoHo (still as teddust)

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
I didn't even read the contents of the 'entry' quite honestly. I saw from the top that it was calling others to post their entries, and didn't want to take any chances.

I've been fairly humor impaired as of late, anyways. Too many fake threads, repetitive subjects, and aggressive needling of posters. :p

Let's all play nice. :)

your father is

First Post
Ashtal said:

So please - don't post 'em. At least not until after the July 5th date where the top ten are selected and you know whether or not your entry is moving forward.
Ashtal

July 5th? Wasn't it July 3rd?

zilch

First Post
You mean the top 100, right?

20,000+ write one pagers
~100 write 10 pages
and 10 write 100 pages.

Or do we need to wait till the 10 chosen to write the 100 pages are chosen?

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Whoa, if only the chances were that good! :D

Only 10 are selected to write the 10 page proposal, and three of those will write the 100 page bible.

Ashtal

zilch

First Post
Thats not how I understood it.
I read around 100 would write ten pages, ten would write 100 pages, and Wizards would use the top three of the 100 pages.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats what I read.

[Edit] Yeah, what I read seems to indicate I was wrong. Maybe it was just temporary insanity. Yeah, temporary, thats it...

Last edited:

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Um, no.

Here you go, from the original press release:

"All proposals must be postmarked no later than June 21, 2002. The panel will then select up to ten entries, who will be requested to submit a ten-page treatment. We will notify those entrants who have been selected for the second stage of the proposal process no later than July 3, 2002.

Please note that the Fantasy Setting Search is available only to individuals eighteen (18) years of age and older. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), your parent or guardian must complete the Idea Submission Agreement, in which case the parent or guardian will take full responsibility for all obligations under the Agreement.

Second-Round Ten (10) Page Treatments

Should your setting be chosen as one of the approximately ten (10) settings Wizards would like to see developed, you will be notified and requested to expand your proposal into a ten (10) page treatment. This treatment must be postmarked no later than July 31, 2002. The ten-page treatments will then be reviewed and a maximum of three entrants will be given the green light to further develop their ideas. You will be notified if your setting is chosen for third-round consideration by August 5, 2002.

Third-Round One Hundred (100) Page Setting Bibles

Should your setting be chosen as one of the approximately three (3) settings Wizards would like to see further expanded, you will be notified and requested to expand your ten-page treatment into a one hundred (100) page setting bible. These entrants will be awarded a one-time development fee of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000). All work submitted at this point shall be the sole property of Wizards and entrants will be required to execute an agreement to that effect with Wizards prior to payment. Ten thousand dollars ($10,000) will be awarded upon execution of a work-for-hire agreement with Wizards. The final ten thousand dollars ($10,000) will be awarded upon actual submission of the 100-page setting bible.

The panel will review those final submissions and select one final Fantasy Setting. A one-time consulting fee of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000.00) will be awarded to the final entrant. Further, future preferential consideration may be given to the final entrant in assigning development or authorship of game product, novels, and other related material.
"

10 invitiations to submit a 10-page proposal, with the best three being selected (for pay) to create the 100 page Bible, with the grand prize of $100,000 going to the best (single) one.

Edit: S'okay. I made a HUGE reading error with regards to my submission proper, so count yourself lucky it was relatively minor. ;) Still, since the topic's so popular, it can't hurt having this information up at the top for easy reference anyways.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads