Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [OOC]

Ilium

First Post
I'm all for it. Honestly I think we might be in trouble without this change (and maybe even with it). 1st-level clerics don't exactly have boatloads of spells. :)

Voadam

Legend
Big Trouble in Little China

Ilium said:
I'm all for it. Honestly I think we might be in trouble without this change (and maybe even with it). 1st-level clerics don't exactly have boatloads of spells. :)

Of course your in trouble, your adventurers in a very dangerous magical world. :)

Added to house rules.

Ilium

First Post
Dog Soul has put out some great stuff.

<Shameless Plug from Editor>
Especially The Brotherhood of Mahlik
</Shamless Plug from Editor>

Seriously, those guys have gone a long way to make sure they're putting out quality stuff.

Mithran

First Post
I'm thinking about posting a concept for this game, but I have a few questions. First, I don't have AU/IH so I don't really know what a couple of your house rules mean, can we work around that? Second, you've listed the Modern SRD as a source, what exactly is allowed from that, or is stuff from Modern on case by case sort of basis? (Note, I probably won't use anything from Modern, but that has me curious.

Kularian

First Post
I've got tenative plans for a Aasimar Paladin/Ranger, should you still be looking for players. Let me know the next time you're on, and I'll start on it if need be.

Voadam

Legend
Voidrazor said:
Voadam - Would you consider an Elan Psion with Enhanced Elan Resilience? It's admittedly a bit over the top. But you did mention powerful 1st level characters right? :heh:

Neat website. Great resource for feats. I will consider it. Even though it is strong it is a defensive hp power which means a little more life buffer which I'm fine with. However two points on the concept.

1 I don't have the XPH, just the 3.0 Psionic handbook and the 3.5 psionics srd so I know elans mechanical stats and I'm fine with them but I don't really have a reference for their story and descriptive aspects. They are aberrations but I understand they look human and I'm vaguely aware there is some story about them being humans who are reborn as psionically enlightened beings. If that's right that's fine and works well for the setting, I just need a little description on them so I can work with the race concepts a little as DM and understand the character.

2 psions have a reputation for being able to blow their power quickly in very strong bursts then be tapped out for a day. The reserve hp rule generally allows adventurers to press on further for more encounters per day and I prefer a party pressing on rather than doing a few encounters then retreating. From a metagame perspective I would suggest trying to make a character who is capable of fun actions for multiple encounters in a day. A psion can be fine but just be aware of this meta-game dynamic in creating and running a psion.

So yes, if you want to then create an elan psion with that racial feat.

Voadam

Legend
Mithran said:
I'm thinking about posting a concept for this game, but I have a few questions. First, I don't have AU/IH so I don't really know what a couple of your house rules mean, can we work around that? Second, you've listed the Modern SRD as a source, what exactly is allowed from that, or is stuff from Modern on case by case sort of basis? (Note, I probably won't use anything from Modern, but that has me curious.

1 AU/IH rules.

The biggies are changes to death conditions and stacking magic multiclassing. Death is not automatic at -10, you get a fort save (DC = hp below 0) with failure = death and success = -1 hp and must make another save next round. Also disabled is not just at 0 hp but down to negative hp = to con bonus.

Magic Multiclassing in AU: caster levels, spell slots, and spells known stack instead of being separate so a sorcerer 5/spontaneous cleric 5 has caster level 10, and can use his spell slots from both classes for spells from either class (all cures or all magic missiles or any combination between the two). This makes multiclassing casters more viable, but they still lose out on higher level spells.

2 It is case by case for d20 modern as with everything not core (which I've already considered and modified). I remember thinking the strong hero talent tree for melee combat bonuses was too strong (compared to say a fighter) but it has been a while since I've read any of the class stuff and I'd have to look it over again. I don't use action points so anything based on them would require some thought about possible use. I like the concepts of the ability based heroe classes though and the way they get something at every level even if it is minor. If there is something specific you are interested in then ask about it.

Remove ads