The Complete Mage & The Complete Scoundrel

Felon

First Post
Amazon has both these books listed, with respective release dates of October 2006 and January 2007. Anyone have any info to share on them? Can you really retread the complete books so easily? Or do they have radically different content?

Felon said:
Amazon has both these books listed, with respective release dates of October 2006 and January 2007. Anyone have any info to share on them? Can you really retread the complete books so easily? Or do they have radically different content?

As one of the writers on Complete Mage, I can tell you this much:

We're not "retreading" anything. CM is not meant to replace Complete Arcane, or make it obsolete.

Can't say any more than that at the moment, but as soon as I can, I will.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Mouseferatu said:
As one of the writers on Complete Mage, I can tell you this much:

We're not "retreading" anything. CM is not meant to replace Complete Arcane, or make it obsolete.

Can't say any more than that at the moment, but as soon as I can, I will.
The "Complete" title has always been inaccurate, anyway. :) I'm looking forward to further Complete books, as more options make for some very interesting games.

(So say the Incarnate, Soulborn, Soulknife, Arcane Hierophant, Fochluchan Lyrist and Arcane Archer in my group!)

Cheers!

Felon

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
As one of the writers on Complete Mage, I can tell you this much: We're not "retreading" anything. CM is not meant to replace Complete Arcane, or make it obsolete. Can't say any more than that at the moment, but as soon as I can, I will.

Good to know you're in the mix anyway. Don't feel offended by the use of the word retreaded.

Felon said:
Good to know you're in the mix anyway. Don't feel offended by the use of the word retreaded.

Oh, I'm not. :) I don't consider "retread" a bad word in and of itself. Some topics are due to be revisited sometimes, I think.

This just ain't one of those topics or times. ;)

Felon

First Post
Well, if tradition holds, WotC management generally forces the staff to keep the muzzles on until a few weeks before release. Just look how long we had to wait before getting any real info about the PHBII. Even the monthly previews don't give palpable teasers until a month beforehand.

It's a damned bizarre policy. Frustrating too. Best I can tell, the rationale is that getting you excited about a future product is a bad thing, because it might induce you to plan your purchases months ahead of time. They think it will hurt your chances of just buying whatever's currently on the shelves out of sheer impulsiveness.

Remove ads