Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

Baeleth returns the hug casually with one arm, as he still holds his thinblade with the other...finally sheathing the blade as Verra steps away. “You did open yourself to that one though, didn’t you Verra? It didn’t come on you completely unbidden, did it?” Baeleth asks, looking concerned for her as he recalls the events of last evening.

Bront

The man with the probe
Keia said:
Verra took the opportunity to hug Baeleth in thanks for supporting her before stepping away on much steadier feet. When he mentioned calling up visions, Verra met his gaze. "I don't call them up . . . they sort of flow through me. It's very disconcerting, really, almost like a bit of me is lost everytime I have a vision," Verra offered in self-reflection.
"I've heard that visions can sometimes offer us a different picture of ourselves, so perhaps you're only loosing a misconception about yourself." Val shrugs. "Though, i've never had one myself, so I wouldn't realy know. But you look and sound all here to me Verra."

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Val]*She doesn't know specific locations of disappearances in the area. There are very few magical supply shops here because there are far fewer Wizards than in Sundaria proper. Val remembers hearing about one or two, though, and she could probably find them with only a modicum of effort gathering that info.*[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Baeleth said:
“You did open yourself to that one though, didn’t you Verra? It didn’t come on you completely unbidden, did it?” Baeleth asks, looking concerned for her as he recalls the events of last evening.

"No . . . not completely unbidded," Verra admitted. She bit her lower lip at the side as she tried to explain. "Just as one must focus their mind for for spells . . . tests . . . and things of that sort, I have to focus my mind. When I release that focus, opening my mind up . . . sometimes visions will come to me. I never know if one will come, what it will be, or what it will take from me when it leaves . . . ."

unleashed

First Post

The look of concern easing as Verra finishes her explanation, Baeleth smiles and says, “That’s good! I was worried you might experience them on a completely random basis, and that would be dangerous in the middle of combat or something equally hazardous...”

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra Saefael, elven telepath

Baeleth said:
The look of concern easing as Verra finishes her explanation, Baeleth smiles and says, “That’s good! I was worried you might experience them on a completely random basis, and that would be dangerous in the middle of combat or something equally hazardous...”

"Ohhh . . . well . . . that happens, too," Verra admitted. "Too often for my tastes, but I'm learning to control them, I hope."

Bront

The man with the probe
Keia said:
"Ohhh . . . well . . . that happens, too," Verra admitted. "Too often for my tastes, but I'm learning to control them, I hope."
"We'll help you if we can Verra," Val says, putting a reasuring hand on Verra's shoulder.

"So, let's be off. I don't know the exact location of any magic shops, but I know where a few might be, and if I spot a likely spot on the way to the docks, we can stop."

unleashed

First Post

Keia said:
“Well let’s just hope that kind of vision only befalls you, when you can afford to lose control...” Baeleth remarks, his voice edged with concern once again.

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post

Bront said:
"So, let's be off. I don't know the exact location of any magic shops, but I know where a few might be, and if I spot a likely spot on the way to the docks, we can stop."
“Indeed, let’s push on, as the day won’t wait for us, and that sounds as good a plan as any,” Baeleth concurs, taking the front position as they head out, he retraces his path of last evening, though this time finishing at the docks and warehouses.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Val does not spot any magic shops on the way to the docks, but they made fairly good time, and before long, they are standing wharfside by a long row of warehouses and storage facilities.*

Remove ads