Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka kneels down and spends time with Kinjon while Baeleth and Verra figure it out. She looks to Val as the others discuss to see if she seems to be following what is happening. After Baeleth begins to seem like he knows something of what is going on, she asks, "So, then, what does this all mean - assuming the vision can be trusted and was indeed one of the past and not the future?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, that gives us something to go on as well as look for. Perhaps some of the magic shops may have heard of this, either having sold it to him, or perhaps someone tried to sell it reciently." Val suggests.

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

“Well I imagine it was of the past Rhaka, considering how Maggran was removed from his house. As for what it means...hmm, well if you’re speaking of the symbols on the pouch, I suppose they could be a warding on the contents,” Baeleth speculates.

“Perhaps Valerie, though I doubt it was stolen to be sold...considering the runes on the pouch and the fact they didn’t take other items of obvious value.”

Turning back to the elf woman by his side, Baeleth asks, “Verra, did you get a look at the cowled figure...enough to perhaps have an idea of their general shape and size?”

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra shook her head, "No, not really . . . the vision was confusing in that regard . . . I saw the hand as it reached for the pouch and it reminded me of my hand . . . though I know it wasn't my hand . . . though maybe it was in the vision - very confusing."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Maybe you were seeing through the eyes of him," Val said. "Whoever he is. And yes, you're probably right about him not selling it, but it may have been origionaly baught. We can keep an eye out at least."

"Still want to go to the docks?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka listens to the ideas proposed before her. She finds herself enjoying the back seat role and while there is a lag in the conversation she adds, "I'll follow where anyone else leads. I would imagine though that we should go to the place most likely to find answers first rather than trying some chronological order. The quicker we find a clue, the easier it may be to find the one - or things - we may end up looking for."

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

“Hmm, you probably were seeing through the eyes of the cowled figure, as Valerie says...perhaps that will give you some kind of link to them if we get close enough. It’s a pity you didn’t see more Verra, but it is far more than we had, and most importantly it gives us a motive for this disappearance at least,” Baeleth praises, smiling warmly at Verra.

“You’re probably right Valerie, that Maggran did buy it...though he is a spice and incense trader, so it may not be local purchase. We could check though, if you know of some establishments which deal in such items. You know, it could also be some exotic spell component that the cowled figure was after...that would probably fit more with Maggran’s line of business. Other than that I have no better thoughts, than to head towards the warehouses near the docks, unless Valerie perhaps knows where some of the others disappeared from and Verra can call up more visions in those locations...which might tell us if these disappearances are linked if nothing else.”

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=RA]OOC: Does Val know other locations of disapearances? How about magical supply shops?[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra took the opportunity to hug Baeleth in thanks for supporting her before stepping away on much steadier feet. When he mentioned calling up visions, Verra met his gaze. "I don't call them up . . . they sort of flow through me. It's very disconcerting, really, almost like a bit of me is lost everytime I have a vision," Verra offered in self-reflection.

Remove ads